Putin's party launches "straight pride" flag

There’s a vaccine for Gay Fever, of course. Unfortunately, though, the mercury in it has a tendency to make your dick get soft around the opposite sex, so it hasn’t caught on quite yet.

1 Like

I’ve got a bad case of Gay Fever… and the only cure is MORE GAY COWBELL.

10 Likes

Putin hates us cuz he anus us!

Now where did I hear that before?

Finally, international political discourse has been raised to the level of homophobes on social media. (You’ll know it’s raised another tiny notch when there are suddenly minions on every national flag.)

1 Like

There are so many ways this could have been done, and even a few of them wouldn’t have looked terrible.

This? Ugh.

WTF guy.

If gay fever is anything like rockin’ pneumonia, boogie-woogie flu, cat-scratch fever, or the dreaded “Lovin’ You”, the CDC needs to get on this ASAP.

7 Likes

Hell’s Bell’s! Gay Fever! Now it all makes sense. Mom said I was always running a fever as a kid. I wouldn’t have had to take all those damn cold showers if I had known I had The Fever! Hell, I thought I liked other guys cause they were so damn cute and all along it was because I had The Fever.

I Got The Fever on a Tee shirt coming to you. Don’t be playing with my verb there either.

1 Like

i don’t know about FEVER, but some gay guys definitely make me hot.

3 Likes

There, fixed it!

8 Likes

I feel bad for gay people in Russian right now. It’s getting downright dangerous to be gay there. If you’ve seen the documentary Hunted, you know that it’s not a laughing matter for a lot of people.

That said, that flag is really ridiculous, and one way to rob dictators of power and authority is to undermine their gravitas with humor.

6 Likes

Too bad this doesn’t reflect Putin’s family. He’s divorced, probably because he’s been rumored to have been having an affair with a girl 30 years younger than him. So much for traditional marriage.

Where’s the keg of Vodka?

1 Like

Is it as bad as in Jamaica? I recently looked up something I had heard on “The thick of it”, and was shocked by what I discovered.

Indeed, Uganda also has similar issues. I grew up in a part of the world where being openly gay could get you badly harmed in various ways, but at least people didn’t actively seek you out for genocidal purposes.

1 Like

Undoubtedly helped by the Rockford, Illinois-based World Congress of Families, who apparently wants to globalize homophobia.

“…the organization has built an organization in Russia to advocate for anti-gay policies there and throughout Eastern Europe. WCF staff in Russia actively advocated for recent anti-gay laws, including a ban on gay “propaganda” – essentially a gag rule on gay rights advocacy – and the curtailing of international adoptions to gay couples and single people in countries that allow marriage equality. Through WCF, American Religious Right groups are able to provide support to anti-gay movements in Russia and throughout the world.”

2 Likes

Can someone caption this?

2 Likes

“Excuse me. I have to go evacuate Hitler and send him to the bunker. Go ahead and order for me.”

It fucking pisses me off so damn much all those conservative religious organizations keep including “family” in their names.

Focus on the Family
Family Research Counsel
World Congress of Families

They’re very obviously working to try and steal the very concept of family from the general lexicon, so they can apply their own definition, then practice hatred and bigotry in the name of “family values”.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS, religious conservatives. You don’t own the idea of families. You don’t own the concept of morality. You don’t own our government, and you don’t get to try and fucking steal these ideas from the general public. Gay families are just as valid as straight families, and saying otherwise is slander. If you want to gain anyone’s respect, then drop the “family” title, and replace it with something honest. Like “World Congress of Homophobic Bigots”, or “Focus on the Christian Hegemony”, or the “Bigoted and Homophobic Dominionist Research Counsel for Replacing Democracy with a Theocratic Dictatorship”.

6 Likes

A common PR tactics in organization naming is to base the names on words with special significance for the target group. Can be “family”, can be “truth”, can be “freedom”…

A good rule of thumb is to become suspicious if such word is encountered in a group name.

…kind of like “smart”, “dynamic” or “active” can be a warning in names of technologies…

3 Likes

Yeah. I’m a little hypersensitive to it at the moment. This last week I’ve been asked the same stupid question about a dozen times: “if you don’t believe in god, where does your morality come from?”

And my patience has been wearing thin explaining: “Morality, and the concept of morality has been around since before humans even existed, and we have written documentation of it long predating judeo-christian values. Morality is inherent in our species, not given by a god. And if the only thing keeping you from doing immoral things and hurting everyone is your belief in a god, I hope you never stop.”

The christians in the US have stolen the very concept of morality from the general public’s lexicon. They’ve twisted the definition into exactly what is politically useful for themselves, and pitch fits and throw out condemnations when anyone uses what they consider now to be their own personal IP in a way they don’t like. And it’s infuriating they’re not being challenged on their baldfaced theft of ideas from the world of reason.

So it goes with the word “family”.

1 Like