Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

There is the BoingBoing post at

and there is the echo reposted here at

The very first entry is the echo of the BoingBoing post, and you should be able to click on “Show full post” and see the text, and then select it, where it should offer you the ability to “Quote” it into a new reply.

4 Likes

In the comment section on an article you want to quote click or tap Show Full Post…

Then you can highlight and quote just like responding to a comment.

3 Likes

Oh, ok. I think I get it. Maybe. Preemptively asking forgiveness if I can’t figure this out.

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Also, if the “quote” option doesn’t appear, you can copy/paste and add the > symbol before whatever you paste to get the quote formatting and then @ the author or poster if you want to get their attention.

like this.

2 Likes

Also, if the “quote” option doesn’t appear

Testing

2 Likes

@ClutchLinkey

Test

4 Likes

@Hover_Board - see how you get a notice if I do that, even if I haven’t directly quoted or replied to you? You can use that to get the same effect as

quoting text and replying directly.

ETA: sometimes the quote option doesn’t show up for me, either, when I’m selecting text. I can’t figure out what causes it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I get it. I’m going to use quite a bit of discretion before I post. I still need practice. I’ve lots to learn.

5 Likes

Uh, has anyone tried this new “Suggest changes using AI” option in the menu (to the right of the emoji icon)?
:grimacing:

5 Likes

Where?

4 Likes

It just came up when I replied to you (or attempted a quote/reply). It isn’t visible all the time, which is part of the weirdness. :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

What the heck. No, I hadn’t noticed that!

But I just tried on the above text and only got the 500 error. What gives?

6 Likes

You have to type something, then a little star shows up.
See between the emoticon and the calendar icons?

Curiouser and curiouser…

5 Likes

8e55d3ca5043df32e5237c344ebceee6917493114ddbc880c869f05c578e63e6

7 Likes

It was there for me, then was gone, and now is back. It brings up a little menu of options, though: Translate to English, Suggest topic titles, Proofread text, Generate Markdown table. None work at the moment.

7 Likes

Testing testing…

I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o’er vale and hill

Tóg go bog é

Lorem ipsum…

Nothing

7 Likes

testing… testing…

Still not seeing in here?

:thinking:

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

We might need a van to solve this…

Driving Car Chase GIF by Scooby-Doo

Of course, we know the ending already…

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

8 Likes

Yeah, I took these shots so people don’t have to jump through hoops:
NewFeature2
NewFeature3

5 Likes

Well hopefully it pops up for me. I want to push the limits of the “translate to English” option.

Friends Laugh GIF

7 Likes