'Q Shaman' Capitol attacker Jacob Chansley moved to Alexandria, VA jail, federal judge orders authorities to give him organic food while in custody

Best proof yet of white privilege being real, in the year 2021.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Yep. I agree. If this guy gets his special treatment, then absolutely jewish and muslim and even satanist inmates need to be accommodated as well.

13 Likes

The big problem here is, though, that Q Shaman is [indoctrinated] enough to kill himself through starvation. This would make him a martyr and embolden the other extremists.

But then again, white privilege aside, tube-feeding was a thing too, right?

Lying about religion to get better food is not a new thing.

While I do object to this douche benefiting from so much privilege, I feel the same about all religions. Any benefit available to any prisoner based on religion should be available to every prisoner. Nobody should have special benefits based on religion.

6 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Deceiving my friends, colleagues, and family

He has made statements saying he thought trump had ordered him to invade the capitol.

He’s been moved to VA. Give him organic food for the weekend and get him to shit on trump in front of the Senate and the nation. It probably won’t swing the trial, but it could do some damage. He’s going to be hard to pass off as Antifa.

For some reason, I still picture him wearing his horns in jail. Except now they have little foam balls on the tips to make them safer.

17 Likes

The way I see it, this is an instance of him losing control over himself and his life, and the hunger strike is kind of a way to get people to give him some control back.

They shouldn’t have, because this is only going to embolden him to make more demands.

2 Likes

The scandal here isn’t that any prisoner can get Kosher food by pretending to be Jewish, because there’s no inherent reason that Kosher food should be any tastier or more nutritious than other food.

The problem is that our prison system provides such nasty food to the general population.

10 Likes

@orenwolf The link from the post to the BBS thread needs to be fixed.

Yep, you are right, I forgot to include the whiteness as the other reason it applies to him and not others!

black-cindy-shabot-shalom

All the food in prison should be healthy, contain enough calories, and all that… and it’s a human rights violation to deny people a diet based on whatever criteria, including religious criteria.

This kind of shit DOES happen quite frequently.

Our prison system is broken and constantly tramples on human rights. We absolutely need reform from top to bottom.

13 Likes

So let’s have a class action lawsuit on behalf of all prisoners demanding this universally. I’m on board.

4 Likes

Actually I would like every person everywhere to have access to organic food all of the time. If organic food were the expected norm in the world, this wouldn’t be an issue (he’d come up with something else, of course. But it’s unfortunate that this this guy getting organic food may perpetuate some people’s idea that organic food is out-there weirdness.)

Edit for typo.

4 Likes

My problem with these stories is that they serve to undermine public support for the laws that allow that, which happen to be the same laws that allow for kosher and halal food, prayer and a large number of other things that would probably be pretty popular. As a weird little quirk of the law, the same bill that lets him get his food is the same law that let that terrible whites only church in an earlier BB article get through the zoning board, RLUIPA.

1 Like

i agree. as a vegetarian, it’s one thing for me to say “i’m a vegetarian,” and an entire other thing to declare i’m a vegetarian on religious grounds. i have no basis for the latter, and i’d feel SUPER skeevy trying to do that. it ain’t right.

1 Like

What isn’t right is that a prison will feed inmate a special diet, but only if that prisoner claims to need it for religious reasons. That is discrimination and immoral, IMO. Nobody should get privileges unavailable to others on the basis of their religion.

3 Likes

Sure. Fuck those people who aren’t white anglo-saxon Christians. I’m sure there’s no problem with feeding pork to people who’ve spent their lives avoiding it. I’m sure they won’t be dangerously shitting and puking their guts out. /s

5 Likes

Not sure what you are saying. Not really sure whether your sarcasm is aimed at the situation, or my comments on it.

I’m for better food for prisoners. Our prison system is a human rights disgrace. And people shouldn’t have to lie to get food that meets their needs. It should be available to all prisoners, without discrimination.

4 Likes