'Q Shaman' Capitol attacker Jacob Chansley moved to Alexandria, VA jail, federal judge orders authorities to give him organic food while in custody

Originally published at: 'Q Shaman' Capitol attacker Jacob Chansley moved to Alexandria, VA jail, federal judge orders authorities to give him organic food while in custody | Boing Boing

…and on and on and on…

7 Likes

“You see, Your Honor, not all organic food is created equal. Some of it may just not use pesticides… so don’t eff this up for me…”

Meanwhile:

29 Likes

When he was arrested, he was holding 5 Twinkies and 2 Red Bulls.
Just give him the meatcake they reserve for uncooperative prisoners.

12 Likes

It’s easier to get organic food in federal prison than it is to find your way to the comment section of a Xeni post.

22 Likes

NGL, that’s a pretty clever move.

I’m just surprised it actually worked.

Technically, all food, except for salt is organic. So what’s the problem? Man wants to pretend to be a buffalo so just let him graze in the prison yard. He gets to eat and the lawn stays nice and short.

9 Likes

Whatever. Just make sure that he shows up for trial.

3 Likes

I think it only worked cause he claimed Religious exemption.

I am ready and willing to align myself with whichever man in the sky has the best chow.

It is my sincerely held belief that I deserve the best food available.

Well, next time someone tells you there ain’t no such thing as White Privilege, it sure looks to me that we got a class 1A example right here. Just sayin

(wanna bet his shamanistic beliefs also require him to be first in line for a covid vaccine?)

3 Likes

It only worked because he’s a white guy who claimed religious exemption… even though it’s a religion he appears to have made up himself.

Plenty of POC out there who follow actual, widely-recognized religions with centuries-long dietary practices who can’t even get halal/kosher/vegetarian food, much less organic.

23 Likes

welcome to Pastafarianism!

6 Likes

23 Likes

Spit is organic, right?

2 Likes

I’d say there’s still a significant difference between ”the long-held tenets of my culture and faith forbid me from eating that meat” and “I decided I’m only eating organic from now on so you have to provide me with better food than all the other prisoners get.”

11 Likes

Quick reminder: there is an ideological overlap between anthroposopically motivated organic farming and racist esoteric bullshit.

Each time I buy something branded Demeter, something in me dies a little bit.

5 Likes

Aren’t they all though, really? (But yeah, your point still stands.)

6 Likes

In theory, I’m okay with this, as long as everyone else in jail gets the same treatment and he’s kept far, far away from any means of spreading misinformation or harming society. Anything less would be (and I’m quite sure IS) the usual pampering of white supremacists by law enforcement.

6 Likes