Qanon "codes" are consistent with an English-speaker mashing a QWERTY keyboard

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/14/wasd-wasd-wasd.html

3 Likes

You have to wonder about the people who buy into this.

Why would they use a secret code, publicly on Twitter? Who is the alleged audience if not the public?

12 Likes

a;sldkfj;alskdfj;laksjdf;lkajsdf;lkjasd;lfkja;slkdjf;lkajsdf;lkjasd;lfkj;laksjdf

…I’ve said too much already.

55 Likes

37 Likes

For awhile I was putting out “Codes” under qanon hashtags on an alt twitter account over a vpn. They were all randomly generated from https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm and then base64 crypted.

My intention was hoping people involved would waste compute time trying to brute force them.

I did this for a time early on and realized I wasn’t doing the world any good and stopped.

38 Likes

Any conspirators worth their salt use a dvorak keyboard.

17 Likes

How about a Russian key-mashing an English keyboard?

6 Likes

That’s so lazy. Makes perfect sense.

11 Likes

Is akin to my writing process: typing_blood_animated

14 Likes

colbert-calculator

12 Likes

I always assumed they were just from the infinite chunks of text cut off just before 'ACT 1, Scene 1 Elsinore. A platform before the castle…

16 Likes

The codes are used for the *chan posts. Since those boards are completely anonymized these codes supposedly are to identify the poster as the “real” Q.

Well, right. And they do that how? lol

6 Likes

That’s where the sense stops.

15 Likes

but isn’t this the point of QWERTY? that all the most used keys are near the home keys? So really, isn’t all of Twitter/4chan just humans mashing near the home keys? Aren’t we [sic] (they) All Qanon?

1 Like

Oh, it stopped long before that.

8 Likes

they are consistent with an English-speaking QWERTY user putting their fingers on the home row of their keyboard and buttonmashing them

Hmmm… that’s roughly how I make my one-time pads.

1 Like
16 Likes

“Let’s not lose our cool, then we’re no better than the machine!”

– Derek Zoolander

6 Likes

Because only Q has the cryptographic method: right, left, right, left…

5 Likes