Qanon "codes" are consistent with an English-speaker mashing a QWERTY keyboard

5 Likes

As amusing as this is, “Loose change” (9/11 truther movie) claimed a government worker was fired for distributing information about the 9/11 conspiracy.

When someone looked into it, he turned out to be administrative staff for some west coast regional Department of Water and Sanitation.

Basically a real life version of this gag.

2 Likes

13 Likes

After listening to a hour long coverage of Qs posts and what they are thought to mean and people following the guy - it is clear one could just take the daily horoscope, insert “Trump” into each one and alter a couple words, and it would make something as compelling and accurate as Qs posts.

Let’s try it. I’ll just do a couple. This is from horoscope.com

original:

Aug 14, 2018 - Don’t be surprised if sometime during the day you feel angry for no apparent reason, Capricorn. It’s probably rooted in the past, from a situation that wasn’t resolved long ago. Take a good look at what’s going on today. Did some person or event awaken old traumas within you? Let them and the anger go. This can only benefit you and clear the way for more positive emotions.

Qanon

Aug 14, 2018 - Don’t be surprised if sometime during the next few days Trump acts angry for no apparent reason. It’s probably rooted in the past, from a situation that wasn’t resolved long ago. Take a good look at what’s going on today. Did some person or event awaken old traumas? Let them and the anger go. This can only benefit America and clear the way for more positive outcomes.

Original:

Aug 14, 2018 - This is a great day to start new enterprises with others, Aquarius. Gatherings with friends or group activities could lead to ideas for new projects that fire your energy and enthusiasm. New immediate and long-term goals should be set. Some people may not be interested and could drop out, but don’t worry. Others who share your interests will quickly step in to take their places.

Qanon:

Aug 14, 2018 - This is a great day to start new enterprises with allies. Gatherings with friends or group activities could lead to ideas for new projects that fire America’s energy and enthusiasm. New immediate and long-term goals should be set. Some people may not be interested and could drop out, but don’t worry. Others who share America’s interests will quickly step in to take their places.

Original:

Aug 14, 2018 - Activities of some kind could put you in the public eye today, Pisces. Some work you’ve done well might bring you richly deserved acknowledgement. Your energy and enthusiasm are already high, and you’re probably all fired up to do more. This could bring up thoughts of changes in your working situation. But don’t give notice right away. Some careful thought is needed.

Qanon:

Aug 14, 2018 - Activities of some kind could put Russia in the public eye today. Some work Trump has done well might bring him richly deserved acknowledgement. America’s energy and enthusiasm are already high, and its patriots probably all fired up to do more. This could bring up thoughts of changes in the working situation. But don’t give notice right away. Some careful thought is needed.

15 Likes

ENOU[G]H IS EN[O]UGH.

CONF_AW-CjF78-82(Z 00:00)

:OWLS:

Good Hunting!

[ETA looking over some of the “codes” it really is ridiculous bait for idiots to waste time on, and some quick googling reveals the predictable: lots of dumb-asses are trying to decipher the less opaque sections. I’m sure most of them don’t know where to begin on all the strings of numbers and letters.]

2 Likes

So, any bets on whether they’ll be less pleased that their code is stupid; or that the technique for demonstrating that it’s stupid is an elaboration of a sinister arab muslim invention?

6 Likes
10 Likes

I just realized that my first example is clearly about the recent Omarosa tweet.

5 Likes

That’s the opposite of the purpose of qwerty. Contrary to the popular legend, qwerty wasn’t invented to slow down typists, but rather it was invented to space commonly used letters apart. This is because the typewriter, iirc, could jam if you pressed 2 letters that were close to eachother in the wrong way. For a keyboard layout intended to maximize home row usage, look into dvorak, workman, or my preferred layout: colemak.

4 Likes

Very clever.

Every time I hear “Q”:
Every time.

19 Likes

I thought that was the point of Dvorak, not QWERTY.

Same!

(I’ve been watching DS9 for the first time, and expected him to show up sooner or later. Most of the episodes so far aren’t hugely satisfying, though there are moments—the one with Q was ok. Not as memorable as in TNG, though.)

I want to live in that reality.

No, that’s Dvorak.

QWERTY is designed to prevent jams on a typewriter.

2 Likes

It’s early here, and I read Qanon as rhyming with Canon, rather than Q-anon. I thought someone had invented a clever way to encrypt messages so they appear to have been typed by mashing a QWERTY keyboard. Now I sit here and wonder…

…okay, a very short wonder was enough. Nope, it’s someone playing with the conspiracy-theory idiots. Good luck to them, it’s sort of like harnessing free energy. Now if only they could turn it into some ‘useful work’.

But it’s still a good idea. To encrypt messages to appear as badly selected random characters. Someone should do that.

2 Likes

Gibberish works!

45 is the Hallmark of this approach.

1 Like

Damn right. Your sldkfj may not alskdfj with impunity. Those requirements are irrelevant and I don’t care how much you laksjdf.

3 Likes

covfefe qualifies.

4 Likes

This is astounding! I would have expected the right hand was otherwise occupied.

1 Like