Qantas sells decommissioned 747 airplane bar carts, stocked

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/quantas-sells-decommissioned-747-airplane-bar-carts-stocked.html

2 Likes

Its QANTAS

Queensland and Northern Territory Air Service.

16 Likes

Came here to say exactly this! Nobody who knows the etymology of this true acronym would ever spell it incorrectly…

8 Likes

Especially not if they come from Qeensland.

18 Likes

aww…I was hoping it was more like this:

6 Likes

Needs more @pesco (please fix misspelling in headline, Pesco)

4 Likes

No, Quantas is a different one.

Quantum and Northern Territory Air Service.

4 Likes

Tiger made more use of quantum states. Your flight could both exist and not exist at the same time.

8 Likes

Their “Come And Leap With Us” ad campaign in the mid-70’s really stuck in people’s minds.

3 Likes

I had my first (and second, and third and fourth) legal* alcoholic drink served out of one of those carts.

*20 years old, flying to Sydney from a country where the legal drinking age is 21

8 Likes

Fixed, Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s.“It’s.”
Thus proving that you can’t point out somebody else’s mistake without making your own.

Barcart? Things sure have gotten much more cushy since the days of the double sunrise service

1 Like

I think it’s available again!

I had the opposite experience. As a 19 year-old with a backpack and the cheapest possible flight from Melbourne to LA (stopping on the way at Auckland, Nadi and Honolulu), I arrived to discover I’d have to lie to get a beer.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.