Delta Air Lines has a monthly garage sale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/16/delta-air-lines-has-a-monthly.html

3 Likes

Seat farts. No thanks.

11 Likes

This makes me Miss the old Boeing Surplus that was down in Kent Wa. I could spend hours wandering through there.

10 Likes

What, no parachutes?

10 Likes

Not quite the same but UW Surplus is open to the public once a week and has some interesting things to get.

4 Likes

Put me down for two lavatories please. Used or unused.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone ended up with a Nintendo Gateway System? Not much practical use for it, but undoubtedly a rare piece of Nintendo ephemera.

Is that still a thing? I probably still have computer parts kicking around obtained from there in another age. I would have thought it was too beautiful to endure.

2 Likes

The beverage carts might actually be quite handy. I could use a couple for Christmas ornaments and decorations, for instance.

3 Likes

I was just wondering how wide they are. The various food and beverage carts would make a pretty nice mobile server rack if they’re cheap enough.

3 Likes

You want used. You know how hard it is to break one in?

3 Likes

Just seeing that stuff gives me an airline panic attack.

1 Like

A lot of big corporations do something similar. My sister worked for The Mouse (corporate), and the amount of Disney swag she got for dirt cheap was ridiculous. She’s got an “evil queen” costume that was being retired, and I’ve got some cool prototypes of statues, plates, art originals etc… from their collectibles department.

Similarly, there used to be equipment sales for Hughes Aircraft employees that had older equipment for sale for ridiculously low amounts.

My company occasionally clears the “swag room” (all the branded crap that gets given away as promotional material) for free or a really low price. I got a couple of quality backpacks and a hoodie at the last “sale” (for free).

5 Likes

Unless someone’s going to come around every 15-30 minutes and start kicking the back of the seat, it just won’t be the same.

2 Likes

Did you ever think about allowing on line purchases it would increase you sales from out of state buyers

As a confirmed dumpster diver and aviation fan, I am so jealous.

3 Likes

I did not know about this!

2 Likes

You need to visit and report back to us!

2 Likes

If I do, I certainly will!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.