Quack 5G protection gadget just a copper tube in a light box

's a pretty fine point to argue over. Transmission vs emission. I would not want to stick my head next to a 5g transmitter but you can safely stand ten feet from an open running microwave oven.

3 Likes

Obviously this isn’t going to work because it doesn’t have a crystalline matrix Earth Resonance of 7.83Hz. Like this sticker.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in purchasing a list of buyers of this device. I have some interesting ideas for a more advanced version that also cures Covid-19, male-pattern baldness, E.D. and athlete’s foot.

3 Likes

I wonder if the copper here is included for the same reasons that copper frequently shows up in the context of people’s “orgonite” contraptions. I’m not exactly on the cutting edge of applied pseudoscience, so I’m not sure why that’s a thing; but it definitely is; and it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if analogous reasoning is being applied here.

1 Like

i look forward to seeing it for 20% off on the boingboingshop this weekend

11 Likes

Ignorance is not a defense for fraud.

1 Like

I really wish I didn’t have any morals because these idiots are such easy money.

I could make a fortune off of their stupidity.

3 Likes

Disappointed they didn’t open up the end caps and look inside the pipe. That’s clearly where the worky parts are, since all other possibilities have been eliminated!

2 Likes

Faraday cages, and all that.

This stuff is SO much the cute little bro of Shakti Stones xD.

1 Like

Isn’t it? Fraud is “wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.” If you don’t know it does not work, there is no intention. Now there maybe some standard that you SHOULD know that a non-connected copper tube would do nothing. I mean it is hard to imagine any sane person would think that would work, and I have no doubt it was fraud.

1 Like

“It’s probably a scam”

Well, unless it’s a Faraday cage, it’s definitely a scam, independent of whether you actually need to be “protected” from 5G or not…

1 Like

if it is not grounded, it not much of a fariday cage. It could be an antenna. Wish they had opened the tube.

2 Likes

Right, this is obviously not a Faraday cage (much less one that can contain a person), and therefore definitely a scam.

2 Likes

Ah, right. I thought you meant a Faraday cage for something in the tube. Yes clearly a scam.

2 Likes

Qauck 5G protection gadget … BAH …

This one is the way to go:

1 Like

I really wish I didn’t have any morals because these idiots are such easy money. I could make a fortune off of their stupidity.

I feel the same but it dawned on me that the science-denying people buying these things put the rest of us in mortal peril; in the short term, by not wearing masks and downplaying the seriousness of Covid, in the long term by denying the reality of climate change,

Will I go make a bunch of hoax gadgets and sell them? No. But at this point I won’t feel at all bad if these idiots are fleeced for their stupidity.

1 Like

Why go to that effort. Bend a copper wire into a V-shape and viola!

A 5G Dowsing Rod!

1 Like

About cellphones there was an exception with 1G analougue phones, because they used to transmit at like 5W of power and if the antenna was near the eyes the heat caused by the near filed radiation could have make a cataract worse. Newer digital phones are using way less power,

1 Like

I think it’s only fair to provide thoughtful counterpoint to boingboing’s vicious lies. I own 3 of these devices (one for each family member) and as of yet, none of us has contracted COVID, been given 5G cancer or mind control, suffered polar bear or vampire attacks, or forced to vote Democrat.
Though once, I was sleepwalking too close to the edge of the Earth, but that was probably from the Ambien.

5 Likes