Queen of Denmark abdicates after 52 years on throne

Wasn’t Charles In Between that 1980s sitcom starring Scott Baio?

4 Likes

No, that was Charles in Charge… which I guess he is now… and of course people made memes…

Scott Baio is such a hetero shit ass…

7 Likes

Surely there’s a Hamlet joke to be made.

3 Likes

Or not to be made.

7 Likes

Interesting fact, this will mean that Denmark will get an Australian head of state (or at least will be married to one), before Australia does:

3 Likes

I was going to “well actually” you and point out that she’s probably not an Australian citizen any more (and then add that that will not stop us from knowing that she’s Australian, just like Phar Lap, Russell Crowe, and Crowded House are), but then I did that thing which ruins all jokes. I checked.

The law which grants her Danish citizenship just says “§ 1. Der meddeles dansk indfødsret til: Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, født i Australien.” (“Danish Citizenship is granted to: Mary Elizabeth Donaldson, born in Australia.”)

There’s nothing there about her having to renounce any existing citizenships, and apparently she was already a dual citizen of Australia and the UK.

So as far as I can see, you are absolutely correct.

2 Likes

And The Shovel are in fine form as always:

4 Likes

Although, for appearance’s sake, she probably is racking up fines for not voting in Australian elections.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.