? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Isn’t the latter? And I’m not talking about the party of the young one? Am I not a lucky one to have a park between the school and home? Tho whole not easy walkable for that age without motivation, but in between it is? Isn’t that set (except the weather)?

2 Likes

See if anybody knows what “scat” is? Ask them to look for different kinds of “scat”? Do they know where bears poop? If a bear farts in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it still smell like dead fish?

4 Likes

Have you considered a scavenger hunt, especially of things that cannot be moved, like sculptures? Give them goals, like finding a statue of a horse on three hooves and that sort of thing?

3 Likes

Isn’t there in the park an hidden wooden bear? Aren’t that great questions?
Did I just not thought about this game? And just grabbed a quick Google search to illustrate?

Probably a great thing to do around this age? :wink:

4 Likes

Oh, and speaking of scat, do you know the Raisinet trick? Where you pour some on the ground along the path about fifteen minutes before heading out and then encourage them to inspect deer scat? Which you then touch and declare “very recent” before popping some in your mouth and announcing it was from a “female, about two years old. Likes beech leaves.”?

11 Likes

As the father of a 5.5-year-old-boy, don’t I know the only things they are interested in are LEGO, (killing) LEGO vampires, Star Wars, farts, poop, underwear, and various unholy combinations thereof?

8 Likes

Underwear? I assume you are not talking about wearing it? Or keeping it on when a playdate is there?
Lego, yes… do I know?
Lets keep it short, do I know? Do you think I know? Raaargh, but with a smile?

3 Likes

Oh man, do I thank you? This grossness I did not think of, but aren’t that going to be great?

3 Likes

Why now!?

6 Likes

Wasn’t the one I’m waiting for a 40-student class, and wasn’t the final 45 questions with answers filled in on a scantron sheet, no actual written work involved?

I know, shouldn’t I cut the prof some slack?

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it be wise to make sure the area is clear of actual deer scat beforehand?

9 Likes

Wasn’t spring semester the first term I had with zero adjuncts? Didn’t that shock the heck out of me?

5 Likes

Didn’t I just have to help a prof tear about their office looking for a “lost” scantron?
And didn’t he find it crumpled up… in his wife’s car drawn on with crayon? (And haven’t I stopped saying DON’T TAKE EXAMS HOME WITH YOU because isn’t is all so pointless?)

5 Likes

Wasn’t my first thought that I’d quietly add a handful of real goat poop to that carefully arranged display? Isn’t the problem with practical jokes always that someone may be better at it or more devious than you are? Doesn’t goat poop look remarkably like Raisinets?

5 Likes

Oh thank you, didn’t I thought I liked you? :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t I wish I could do exams like that?

Do your professors post grades individually, or is there a central classroom management system on which you look up your grades? Did you know that individual posting is very difficult to do in a FERPA-compliant way, even impossible on some campuses? And that for many central systems, there is a “rollover” date set by the Registrar on which all grades become available?

2 Likes

Do your faculty have Scantron machines in their house? Do you know that the small Apperson machines fit handily on the flat area of a keypunch?

1 Like

Don’t you want to live a little?

2 Likes

Isn’t this what I was raging about earlier? Why does that always happen?

1 Like

Do you know what a scavenger hunt is?

Can you put clues or puzzles to be figured out in various hiding places in the park (not hidden too well, if we’re talking about 5 - 6 year olds) so that the first clue/puzzle leads to the hidden spot of the next clue/puzzle, and so on? Can you put prizes at the end, one for each child?

5 Likes