Quite possibly the most exciting science fiction weapon to have been offered for public auction

[Permalink]

Man - that would be awesome. But I would rather build a real working prop someday.

I would argue that this is a more exciting weapon:

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Machine-Guns/GE_XM214_Minigun.htm

1 Like

Ugh, blasters! So clumsy and random. I prefer an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

17 Likes

I’d call it the coolest weapon, but I would call Milla Jovovich more exciting.

2 Likes

Actually I am a HUGE Boba Fett fan. If it has his stupid green and red face, I buy it. I’ve been wanting to make a replica of his blaster for awhile. It’s based off of an old British flare gun. They aren’t super expensive, but hard to find.

“I approve of weapon”

1 Like

I’m totally getting this.

This non-firing blaster was created for The Empire Strikes Back and was also used in Return of the Jedi. It would have been used in the majority of scenes that feature Han, with the heavier, live-fire weapon being used for close-up shots.

If Lucasfilm has blaster technology, why is the military still using assault rifles? Flying bullets are much less photogenic than blaster shots, and don’t let people dodge out of the way with Jedi acrobatics. Can we please get the Pentagon to switch to blasters? They’re way cooler.

5 Likes

But does it come with a backpack AND some chew ? You need all three to become a Sexual Tyrannosaur. . . .

1 Like

Well the gun isn’t science fiction. What’s science fiction is it being a feasible hand-held option… which is no problem for The Terminator…

1 Like

Adam Savage can buy it - then he’ll have TWO of Harrison Ford’s weapons.

1 Like

not to nitpick, but to pick nits… some of the details in the Auction listing don’t add up. While its entirely probably it was a stunt prop from ESB or RotJ, they had to have had more than one stunt DL-44, and the one depicted is certainly not Han’s, and if it was modeled off the ANH original, it was heavily modified from that version of the prop.

I want to get this for Christmas and then use it on Santa the Hutt.

1 Like

if we’re talking sci fi weapons:

1 Like

I gave my brother one of these for Xmas a few years back:

To our knowledge this is the only known example of this type of blaster in private hands.

The auction house later revised this statement to clarify that Greedo’s weapon actually sold first.

13 Likes

But… this is Han Solo’s blaster, not Boba Fett’s…

Of course, perhaps you are perfectly aware of that fact, and merely bringing up a tangentially related topic via something of an abrupt non-sequitor? In which case, beg bardon. :wink:

Whenever I see movie and TV props in real life (or in close up images), I’m always shocked at how terrible they look.

1 Like

I believe he already has a very nice replica of it, so I imagine he’d rather hang onto the quarter million dollars and just live with his own reproduction. :smile: