Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Bible Verses Where “Adversary” Is Replaced With “PC Culture”

7 Likes

Thought Provoking :pensive: and Funny :relaxed: Religious Quotes~

“Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”― Mae West

“I pray every single moment of my life; not on my knees but with my work. My prayer is to lift women to equality with men. Work and worship are one with me. I can not imagine a God of the universe made happy by my getting down on my knees and calling him 'great."― Susan B. Anthony

“Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything.”–Robert A Heinlein

“I don’t exercise. If God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put diamonds on the floor.”–Joan Rivers

“Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike.”–Oscar Wilde

“Marriage is a fine institution, but I’m not ready for an institution.”― Mae West

“The worst enemy women have is in the pulpit.”–Susan B. Anthony

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power.”–Robert A. Heinlein

“I generally avoid temptation unless I can’t resist it.”― Mae West

“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.”–Susan B. Anthony

“I don’t like to commit myself about heaven and hell, you see, I have friends in both places.”–Mark Twain

“Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.”― Mae West

“It is an open question whether any behavior based on fear of eternal punishment can be regarded as ethical or should be regarded as merely cowardly.”–Margaret Mead

“Love thy neighbor – and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.”― Mae West

5 Likes

Today is Sunday, the first Christian Sabbath Day during the month of February honoring ‘Black History Month.’

In Christianity if you repent of your sins and except Jesus, then your departed soul can ascend to heaven and sit or stand beside God and enjoy everlasting peace—the bad news is that this heaven is just a mythical place.

February is ‘Black History Month’, so appropriately we find in African-Kemetic/Anu (Egyptian/Ethiopian) religious myths a much older myth of heaven. Maybe just maybe during ‘Black History Month’, if one accepts God; her or his departed soul can ascend to the mythical African-Kemetic/Anu heaven and sit or stand beside the supreme creator god Ra, or maybe even Osiris–and enjoy everlasting peace. The bad news is; this is just another older version of a mythical heaven.

E. A. Wallis Budge: The Egyptian Heaven and Hell (1905) http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/sacred/heaven_hell.pdf

From the:

Pyramid of Pepi I
The Doctrine of Eternal Life

The place of the deceased in heaven is by the side of God. In the most holy place, and he becomes god and an angel of God; he himself is a speaker of the truth and his Ka [spirit] is triumphant, He sits on a great throne by the side of God. The throne is of iron, or alabaster.… He is clothed in the finest raiment, like unto the raiment of those who sit on the throne of living right and truth.…

Pyramid of Pepi I
Chapter of the Ladder to Heaven

Give thou unto Pepi the Ladder of the god Horus, give thou unto him the Ladder of the god Set, whereby Pepi shall appear in heaven, when he hath made use of the words of power of Ra. Hail thou god of the Kau [doubles] who advance when the Eye of Horus soareth upon the wings of Thoth on the eastern side of the Ladder of the god. Hail ye who desire that your bodies shall go into heaven.

Pyramid of Unas

Ra setteth upright the ladder for Osiris, and Horus raiseth up the ladder for his father Osiris, when Osiris goeth to find his soul; one standeth on the one side, and the other standeth on the other, and Unas is betwixt them. Unas is equipped with powers against the spirit-souls thereof, and he rises up in the form of the mighty one, the lord of those who dwell in power. Unas hath taken his seat with his side turned towards Geb [god of the earth].

1 Like

:wink:

8 Likes

Numbers” Station.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there already a post on the BBS about pyramids? Keep up, man.

4 Likes

Oh, that really IS boring. I thought you meant one of those creepy channels broadcasting out of Siberia that just recite numbers endlessly.

3 Likes

It may have been an on-topic metaphor.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Isn’t @nemomen our numbers station? Wouldn’t it be cool to set up a bot to post newly found primes? (Well, I think it would be cool)

6 Likes

I would set up one bitchin’ prime numbers station.

4 Likes
3 Likes

okay, i have http://numberwang.ddns.net set up. when i have the POST commands ready to accept the primes, i’ll send you a pm with the api key and general instructions.

then @othermichael and i can set up the BBS bot to update a thread with new interesting numbers.

LET’S DO THIS!!

4 Likes

Nope. There are Sumerian clays with religious themes that are far older, arguably also some Hindu scriptures (although they, like the Egyptian Book of the Dead, are difficult to accurately date).

Can’t we just let it be really amazingly astoundingly old? Does it have to be the oldest?

11 Likes

All religions are mythical. Islam and Christianity are supposed to be two different religions. When reading the birth myth of Yahya of Islam and John the Baptist of Christianity, one finds a birth myth in the scriptures of Christianity and Islam that is strikingly similar and almost identical. :astonished:

Islam: Birth Myth of Yahya:

Sura 19:5–15

5 And surely I fear my cousins after me, and my wife is barren, therefore grant me thyself an heir. 6. Who should inherit me and inherit from the children of Yaqoub, and make him, my Lord, one in whom thou art well pleased. 7.O Zakariya! Surely we give you good news of a boy whose name shall be Yahya: We have not made before anyone his equal. 8. He said: O my When shall I have a son, and my wife is barren, and myself have reached indeed the extreme degree age? 9. He said: So shall it be; your Lord says: to me, and indeed I created you before, when you nothing. 10. He said: my Lord! Give me a sign. said: Your sign is that you will not be able to speak to the people three nights while in sound health. 11. So he went forth to his people from his place of worship, then he made known to them that they should glorify Allah morning and evening. 12. O Yahya! Take hold of the book with strength, and we granted him wisdom while yet a child. 13. And tenderness from us and purity, and he was one who guarded against evil. 14. And dutiful to his parents, and he was not insolent, disobedient. 15. And peace on him on the day he was born, and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life.

Christianity: Birth Myth of John the Baptist

Luke 1:6–7

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. 7. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.

Luke 1:13–16

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. 14. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 15. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb. 16. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luke 1:18–20

18 And Zacharias unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years. 19. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. 20. And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.

Luke 1:57 and 60

57 Now Elisabeth’s full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son.… 60. And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John.

Luke 1:67–69

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 68. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69. And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

1 Like

It’s that time again. . .

4 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

“There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.” - Ezekiel 23:20

8 Likes

5 Likes