Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Yup. Still do, in fact. After looking this up, I was just thinking, you know, I never got around to reading any of Leiber’s Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser books.

6 Likes

It may be worth keeping it running, like a sort of plague ship.

9 Likes

or worth listening to, like a Numbers station?

8 Likes

I found the first one in a thrift shop. It was fun but kinda standard pulpy swords and sorcery stuff. If you are into that kind of thing they would be worth reading.

3 Likes

Certainly not worth listening to - perhaps occasionally an entertainingly annoying waste of time, for those of us with our own personality disorders.

1 Like

Thank you for subscribing to CAT FACTS!

4 Likes

Jinx, buy me a coke!

7 Likes

The myth of Bast, also known as Bastet, Basthet, Ubasti, and Pasht, was associated with being a goddess of physical and sensual pleasure.

Depicted in art as a cat or a woman with the head of a cat, the myth of Bast was also associated with being a war goddess. As a war goddess with a knife in her hand, she battles and slays the evil serpent Apep, mentioned in a previous post.

In the worlds oldest religious book ‘The Book of Coming Forth By Day’ or 'The Book of Coming Forth From Darkness Into Light" (Book of the Dead) she is mentioned as destroying the bodies of the deceased, with the royal flame, if they failed the judgement hall of Maat.

A fire and brimstone burning hell is a myth, as are these excerpts taken from ‘The Book of Coming Forth By Day’ or ‘The Book of Coming Forth From Darkness Into Light’ (Book of the Dead).

The Pylons of the House of Osiris: The 21st Pylon

“Knife which cutteth when is uttered, slayer of those who approach thy flame is thy name. She possesseth hidden plans.”

Papyrus of Nebseni: The Praises and Glorifying of Coming Out from and Going into Glorious Khert-Neter

“Deliver thou the scribe Nebseni, whose word is truth, from the god whose face is like unto that of a greyhound, whose brows are like those of a man, who feedeth upon the dead, who watcheth at the Bend of the Lake of Fire, who devoureth the bodies of the dead, and swalloweth hearts, and who voideth filth, but who himself remaineth unseen. His name is Everlasting Devourer and he liveth in the Domain of Fire, the Lake of Unt.”

The Pylons of the House of Osiris: The 8th Pylon

“Blazing fire, unquenchable, with far-reaching tongues of flame, irresistible slaughter, which one may not pass through fear of its deadly attack.”

Papyrus of Nu (Sheet 10)

“Hail, ye gods whose scent is sweet. I–Hail–Flame, which cometh forth from the horizon! Hail thou art in the city. I have brought the Warden of his blight therein. Oh, stretch out unto me thy hand so that I may be able to pass my days in the Pool of Double Fire, and let me advance with my message.”

Papyrus of Nebseni (Sheet 17)

Note: Lake of Neserser is Lake of Fire.

“When he setteth in life like crystal he performeth everything therein, and these things are like unto the things which are done in the Lake of Neserser, wherein there is none that rejoiceth, and wherein are all manner.” of evil things."

Papyrus of Ani: The Praises and Glorifying of Coming Out from and Going into Glorious Khert-Neter

“The goddess Hetepsekhus is the Eye of Ra. Others, however, say it is the flame which accompanieth Osiris to burn up the souls of his enemies.”

The Pylons of the House of Osiris: The 11th pylon

“I have made my way, I know you, and I know thy name, and I know the name of her who is within thee: She who slayeth always, consumer of the fiends by fire, mistress of every pylon, the lady who acclaimed on the day of darkness.”

The Pylons of the House of Osiris: The 18th Pylon

“Fire-lover, pure one, lover of slaughterings, cutter off of heads, devoted one, lady of the Great House, slaughterer of the fiends at eventide” is thy name. She inspecteth the swathing of the helpless one."

Papyrus of Nebseni

Thou hast created that which is in Kher-aha and that which is in Anu (Heliopolis). Every god feareth thee, for thou art exceedingly great and terrible; thou avenges every god or the man who curseth him, thou shootest arrows at him. Thou livest according to thy will. Thou art Uatchet, the Lady of Flame; evil befalleth those who set themselves up against thee.

Papyrus of Ani

“The Chapter of Not Letting the Head be Cut Off I am a Great One, the son of a Great One. Fire, the son of Fire, to whom was given his head it had been cut off. The head of Osiris was not removed from his body, and the head of Osiris shall not be removed from his body. I have knitted myself together; I have made myself whole and complete. I shall renew my youth. I am Osiris Himself, the Lord of Eternity.”

1 Like

Oh, so the conversation has turned to pylons, eh?

Watch out for Sleestaks!

10 Likes
4 Likes

Hrm…

A circle with a star in the middle. That looks familiar. Yet another data point in favour of my Eternal Circumference theory!

6 Likes

Note that the pylons in Land of the Lost look like Obelisks, and yet there is a dinosaur (symbolic of the literalism of Christianity) named “grumpy” (symbolic of the pessimism of the Christian world view). The dinosaur’s eyes are circular, once again illustrating the Eternal Circumference, appearing again and again throughout time, space, and 70s television.

10 Likes

More circles! Look at the Sleestaks’ eyes!

5 Likes

Why did Sleestaks terrify me so much as a child? Was it the creepy hands of the malevolent lizard people or was it really because I saw the terrifying truth of the Eternal Circumference dissolving my Euro-centric American upbringing into meaninglessness?

6 Likes

They completely freaked me out. Enoch was OK, since he could speak, but the other Sleestak? Nope nope nope!

3 Likes

Frakkin toasters.

oh, PYlons… sorry.

9 Likes

7 Likes
8 Likes

6 Likes

Bible Verses Where “Adversary” Is Replaced With “PC Culture”

7 Likes