Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Like Osiris, Isis and Ra–one of the more revised and written about mythical African-Kemetic/Anu gods is Tehuti (Thoth). Tehuti is a ancient pre-dynastic god. As Thoth the words “thought” and “think” are associated by some scholars with his name.

In myth, Tehuti (Thoth) was responsible for the administration, enforcement, laws, order, form, and maintenance of the heavens. In myth, Tehuti was viewed as the heart and mind of the supreme creator god. In myth, Tehuti was called the “Tongue of the Creator,” voicing the “Will of the Creator.” His words brought every person and thing in the heavens and earth into existence. In myth, when Tehuti uttered a command of the supreme creator god, it was final.

Tehuti (Thoth), a pre-dynastic lunar god, is depicted as a man with the head of an ibis bird, with a lunar or solar disk sitting inside a crescent moon atop his head, or as a man with the head of an ibis bird.

There has always been a biased, perpetrated and deliberate misrepresentation about why animals were used atop the heads of gods and goddesses in Africa/Kemet/Anu. The many uses and depictions of animals was symbolic and represented personal attributes and characteristics of any particular god or goddess-- and was not simply the ridiculous oversimplification of worshipping animals.

The animals (and symbols) are allegorical, not to be taken as literal. So when you see an ibis with its long beak, which looks like a pen, on the head of Tehuti, it is because in myth Tehuti (Thoth), was considered to be the writer of sacred texts of wisdom, like the Emerald Texts, associated with consciousness, spiritual development of the soul, and divine wisdom.

Below is a expanded and detailed account (with images) of the various myths associated with Tehuti (Thoth).

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/thoth.html

…The Greeks associated Thoth with the messenger god Hermes. The two deities were combined to form Hermes Trismegistus and Khmun was renamed Hermopolis (“city of Hermes”). This version of Thoth remains popular with occultists today.

Clean religious jokes for the end of yet another Christian Sabbath Day :relaxed:

A girl asks her father, " Why does it rain? Is it God sweating or crying?" " No," says her father, " it rains to make the plants grow. Do you understand?" " Not exactly," says the girl. " Why does it rain on the sidewalk?"

If Mary had Jesus, and Jesus is the lamb of God, does that mean Mary had a little lamb?

Every ten years, the monks in the monastery are allowed to break their vow of silence to speak two words. Ten years go by and it’s one monk’s first chance. He thinks for a second before saying, “Food bad.” Ten years later, he says, “Bed hard.” It’s the big day, a decade later. He gives the head monk a long stare and says, “I quit.” “I’m not surprised,” the head monk says. “You’ve been complaining ever since you got here.”

A kindergarten teacher was walking around observing her classroom of children while they were drawing pictures. As she got to one girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.
The girl replied, “I’m drawing God.”
The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like.
Without looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, “They will in a minute.”

Q: Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocaine during a root canal?
A: His goal: transcend dental medication.

Three men are traveling on a ship, when they are accosted by the Devil. The Devil proposes that if each man drops something into the sea and he cannot find it, he will be that man’s slave. If the Devil does find it, however, he will eat that man up. The first man drops a pure, clear diamond, and immediately gets eaten. The second drops an expensive watch, trying to impress the Devil, and gets eaten. The third man fills a bottle with water and pours it into the sea yelling, “You think I’m a fool? Try finding that!”

Q: How do you make holy water?
A: Boil the hell out of it.

Q: Why are atoms Catholic?
A: Because they have mass.

1 Like

A superior, more advanced, and emotionally uplifting musical presentation of my post # 1268-- about recent and senseless violence that has befallen America, and what the world needs now is love, peace and high-minded morality.

:couple_with_heart:

We are all related.

Isis, Osiris, Horus, racism, equality, superiority, inferiority, human development, Africa, the Greeks, the Egyptians etc…

Part 1B of a 4 Part 1995 interview with author, professor, historian, anthropologist–the late Dr. Ivan Van Sertima of Rutgers University.

One of the most important and central historical characters in the religions of Judaism and Christianity is Moses.

What influence did Africa have on the myth of Moses?

Moses was born in Africa.

Exodus 1:1-22
EXODUS CHAPTER 1 KJV

Exodus 2:1-2
EXODUS CHAPTER 2 KJV

Moses was raised from infancy by an African princess and African royal family.

Exodus 2:3-11

3 And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river’s brink.
4 And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him.
5 And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river’s side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.
6 And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews’ children.
7 Then said his sister to Pharaoh’s daughter, Shall I go and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew women, that she may nurse the child for thee?
8 And Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, Go. And the maid went and called the child’s mother.
9 And Pharaoh’s daughter said unto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will give thee thy wages. And the woman took the child, and nursed it.
10 And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water.
11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

Moses was educated for 40 years in Africa.

Acts 7:20-23

20 In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and nourished up in his father’s house three months:
21 And when he was cast out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son.
22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.
23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.

Moses married an African woman.

Numbers 12:1

1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

In myth, Moses was raised and educated in Africa-Kemet (Egypt). The Ten Commandments of Moses are similar to some of the older African-Kemetic (Egyptian) “Book of Coming Forth by Day” or “Book of Coming Forth From Darkness Into Light” (a.k.a, Book of the Dead)–“Negative Confessions.”

The African-Kemetic “Negative Confessions” are also called “The 42 Principles of Maat”

42 Principles Of God Maat 2000 Years Before Ten Commandments

Maat was an Egyptian Goddess. Ma’at, unlike Hathor and Nephthys, seemed to be more of a concept than an actual goddess. Her name, literally, meant ‘truth’ in Egyptian. She was truth, order, balance and justice personified. She was harmony, she was what was right, she was what things should be. It was thought that if Ma’at didn’t exist, the universe would become chaos, once again!

I have not committed sin.
I have not committed robbery with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not slain men or women.
I have not stolen food.
I have not swindled offerings.
I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
I have not told lies.
I have not carried away food.
I have not cursed.
I have not closed my ears to truth.
I have not committed adultery.
I have not made anyone cry.
I have not felt sorrow without reason.
I have not assaulted anyone.
I am not deceitful.
I have not stolen anyone’s land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have not falsely accused anyone.
I have not been angry without reason.
I have not seduced anyone’s wife.
I have not polluted myself.
I have not terrorized anyone.
I have not disobeyed the Law.
I have not been exclusively angry.
I have not cursed God/Goddess.
I have not behaved with violence.
I have not caused disruption of peace.
I have not acted hastily or without thought.
I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.
I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.
I have not worked evil.
I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.
I have not polluted the water.
I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.
I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.
I have not placed myself on a pedestal.
I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.
I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.
I have not taken food from a child.
I have not acted with insolence.
I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess

2 Likes

The following may be old news to many, however:

I did not know there was (and is), a “Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics” and controversy over those “Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics” respectively.

The commandments have been widely quoted in computer ethics literature[4] but also have been criticized by both the hacker community[5] and some in academia. For instance, Dr. Ben Fairweather of the “Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility” has described them as “simplistic” and overly restrictive.

The Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics

Written by the Computer Ethics Institute

Thou shalt not use a computer to harm other people.
Thou shalt not interfere with other people’s computer work.
Thou shalt not snoop around in other people’s computer files.
Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not paid.
Thou shalt not use other people’s computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
Thou shalt not appropriate other people’s intellectual output.
Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for your fellow humans.

God :rolling_eyes: Interracial Marriage :couple: Introspection :pensive: and Opinions :open_mouth:

Interesting article about a white female Christian disciple :innocent: who has created debate and controversy, because she believes the supreme Christian creator God–healed her troubled indisposition, by sending a man of African-American ancestry to marry her beloved daughter.

When Gaye Clark prayed to God to send her daughter Anna a “godly, kind” husband, she got exactly what she asked for…

…Glenn was a gentleman, too. Clark noticed that he’d hold doors open for Anna, even at the grocery store. Her daughter seemed happy, she said.

But there was one thing the 53-year-old mother was hung up on: Glenn was a black man with dreadlocks…

Holy Fuck, how big can this thread get?

4 Likes

#EveryonesReligionandHistoryMatters

Why would anyone fake a anthropological discovery?

Why does EveryonesReligionandHistoryMatter?

Listen in particular at: 6:50-10:00

Are…

Are you trying to co-opt the #BLM hashtag for your own ideological agenda?

Because that’s not cool.

8 Likes

Ancient Egyptian roof air-conditioner was amazing concept of that time. Using water to decrease air pressure is an environmentally friendly cooling approach. The Egyptian air conditioners did not harm environment like modern air conditioners.

1 Like

4 Likes

The random comic generator from a few days ago threw out a brilliant and On-Topic one for this.

4 Likes

I guess he doesn’t deal well with rejection?

1 Like

Who does.
But Simon’s got issues and is prone to random acts of violence and murder. The full randomly generated narrative makes for grim, but funny reading.

1 Like

True, but that takes being disappointed to new extremes.

o_0

1 Like

Never seems to stop any of the assholes who knock on my door though. :frowning2:

1 Like

Ancient Egyptians during the Old Kingdom (2600 BC) buried two ships near the Great Pyramid of Pharaoh Cheops and the ships are known as “Khufu ships”, “Cheops ships” or “Solar ships.” When these Cheops ship is excavated, it is found that the ship has fly roof as an air conditioner. The architecture of these air conditioners is too complex that even the best ac contractor cannot understand it.

Oh, I see what you did there. Your heart is definitely going to outweigh the Feather of Ma’at.

Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

1 Like