Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

Is that Jesus?:innocent:

Following the Chansons theme, the great Jacques Brel - “When We Only Have Love.”

C’mon khepra, step down out the pulpit and have some fun. Because I don’t think that no-one really gives a shit anymore, so you might as well join us. :slight_smile:

Who’s your fave Chanteur/Chantuese? Nouvelle Chanson is perfectly fine, if you dig something a touch more modern. Oh, and if you could try to keep with “love” theme, that’d kick ass.

3 Likes

I’m gonna have a bet with myself here. I reckon you’re a massive Georges Brassens fan on the quiet. Mind, that’s playing it safe, because really, who isn’t. :blush:

So, just for you… Georges Brassens - Les amours d’antan. (The Old Love)

3 Likes

Hey french… How about some France Gall?

7 Likes

One type of love that seems appropriate for the genius of boingboing bbs is…

7 Likes

On the topic of “Love”

It is a shame and a disgrace that “The Spinners” are not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Everyone I know who saw them perform in sold out concerts in the 1970’s raved about their performance. The lyric writers who wrote their music were among the best of all time, their singing, stage presence and showmanship was entertaining–and the “full orchestra” playing soul music (unheard of today), that performed their music before the main show, and during their featured performance, was breathtaking and moving.

If you have ever had your heart broken, you may relate and identify with the lyrics of the following Spinners 9 minute 30 second heartbreak anthem (parts 1 & 2). The audience participation at the end of the song was one of the highlights of their show.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Yes, that’s John Lennon, Yoko Ono and Stevie Wonder, among others in the audience enjoying this opening Grammy performance.

4 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Dear @khepra,

Don’t let the Occidental Negative-Nellies get you down.

Please post MOAR! content!

1 Like

(We now rejoin our regular programming, already in progress.)

2 Likes
2 Likes