Quotes on religion and the mythical Christian solar god Jesus's association with the Sun

As bad as it is, this needs to be included.

2 Likes
1 Like

<grumble_grumble_much_swearing>

<grumble_grumble_much_swearing/>

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

I predict that nickrolling will be the new rickrolling.

1 Like

Today is the Christian Sabbath Day. Sunday School is an important part of the Christian Sabbath Day, it is where children, teenagers and adults learn about the Bible. So the following article is interesting because…

…Surprisingly :astonished: agnostics and atheists performed best on a 2010 religious survey.

…Overall, the three groups that perform best in this survey are atheists and agnostics (who get an average of 20.9 out of 32 questions right), Jews (20.5 questions right on average) and Mormons (20.3 questions right).

Looked at another way, 27% of Jews, 22% of atheists and agnostics, and 20% of Mormons score in the top 10% of all respondents in overall number of correct answers to religious knowledge questions, getting at least 26 questions right. As will be discussed in detail later in this report, these groups display greater religious knowledge even when education and other factors are held constant.

Mormons outperform Jews as well as atheists and agnostics on questions about the Bible but do not perform as well as the other two groups on questions having to do with world religions such as Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism…z

Why don’t you want to converse with people here?

2 Likes

Have you talked to the people, here?

:shudder:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, heck, how did I not post this one?

4 Likes

You asked me:

“Why don’t you want to converse with people here?”

I was unaware that I have never conversed with people here? :astonished:

M_M all I can say is Um_Um. :expressionless:

Great time for a song. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I took the time to find out a song for you, tag you with it and you ignored that and replied with a wall of unrelated copypasted sermon… If you don’t want me to reply directly to you, or aren’t interested in conversation, just let me know.

Apology accepted. No hard feelings, eh.

Always. :smiley:

4 Likes

In Spanish-speaking cultures, Lunes (Monday) is the first day of the week

True. But that’s because Spanish speaking cultures are predominantly Catholic, and it was the Catholic Church who changed the sabbath day from Saturday to Sunday during the council of Nicea in the 4th century.

1 Like

The amazing temple of Hathor, the mythical African-Kemetic goddess of motherhood, love…

2 Likes
2 Likes

No greater example for the importance of “Separation of Church and State.”

“20 Quotes From the Founding Fathers on the Separation of Church and State that Will Make Conservative Christians’ Lose Their Minds!”

http://aattp.org/twenty-quotes-from-the-founding-fathers-on-the-separation-of-church-and-state/