R2-D2 popcorn maker

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/r2-d2-popcorn-maker.html

4 Likes

You know, first you start out as a serious actor, but some astronomer paints a telescope to look like you and you think “hey, that’s kind of fun.” Then you start shilling the merch. Next thing you know, you’re a remote controlled toy, you’re on a lunchbox, you’re a Saturday morning cartoon show. But then the day comes. A popcorn maker. F’n popcorn blasting out of your body. You’ve jumped the rancor.

8 Likes

Not even Jabba used R2’s decapitated head as a serving bowl! :scream_cat:

11 Likes

“Hmmm, I really like that character. I think I’ll use their skull as a bowl!”

10 Likes

I will be disappointed if, when done, this unit doesn’t stamp around a bit and make a lot of R2 noises.

4 Likes

“The skulls of your enemies are much more environmentally friendly than plastic cups. Just sayin’”

8 Likes

Too bad the reviews are so bad. I would have jumped right on that.

2 Likes

z500

8 Likes

Too bad air popping makes really dry popcorn.

Popcorn turns out so much better with the traditional oil-in-pot way that it’s worth the time and cleanup.

2 Likes

Remember that large dump of rejected Star Wars toy concepts from a few years ago?

2 Likes

Microwaving plain kernels in a paper bag works incredibly well and has almost no cleanup. You don’t even need oil. In fact adding oil doesn’t seem to do anything to the final product so I never bother.

1 Like

A little toasted sesame oil goes well with popcorn.

Along the way, wouldn’t the lowest point involve having one’s face printed on condoms?

1 Like

an r2-d2 micro wave, look as good , it will not.

unfortunately this is well over $200 at the Canadian site.

2 Likes

I dunno, that’s a notch above popcorn maker for me. I mean, at least with the face-on-the-condom, you know you’re going places :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

So what’s the over/under on the percentage of these which will be used by their purchasers to actually pop corn? My money’s on something in the high single digits.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.