Wonderful video: blowtorch + hair dryer = popcorn

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/wonderful-video-blowtorch.html

9 Likes

This is the only type of content I want to see on the internet for the next ten years thx

33 Likes

I think thermodynamics would have a thing or two to say about this video.

7 Likes

And Newtonian mechanics.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing the outtakes.

12 Likes

If the heater’s on along with the fan in the dryer then the popcorn will stay warm. But at the rate of 16 100-watt bulbs it’s an expensive proposition. Decisions, decisions.

4 Likes

Fantastic! But, what about the butter? Back to the drawing board!

7 Likes

More feasible than this, at least:

See also:

12 Likes

A Wonderful Thing!

2 Likes

Melted butter spraying out of misting nozzles.

4 Likes

Can I get a sequel where they drop a whole bag of popcorn?

2 Likes

FTFY.

4 Likes

Has anybody encountered this bug when trying to view boingboing content?

This is the only type of content I want to see in the world for the next ten years. Unfortunately it will require preparation, some of which might take as long as five years.

2 Likes

People quickly appearing in camera frame and greedily snatching freshly made airborne popcorn with their teeth.

2 Likes

Followed by people rushing to the emergency room with second degree burns (and popcorn husks between their teeth).

Lust for popcorn has burned many a good inventor, I tell ya.

3 Likes

You’re in luck.

1 Like

Nice CGI.

(Popcorn kernels have to be held at a high temperature long enough for the starch within to gelatinize. Drop one into a blowtorch and it’ll just burn the exterior.)

1 Like

Not to mention, I don’t think a popped kernel has the requisite aerodynamic properties for the Coanda effect to suspend it so nicely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.