Rabbit’s Blood is a wonderfully grim animated short set in the distant future

Originally published at: Rabbit's Blood is a wonderfully grim animated short set in the distant future | Boing Boing

1 Like

“What the hell was that?”

(I think I liked Worker and Parasite better.)

11 Likes

wonderfully grim

1 Like

I don’t get it.

1 Like

That was beautiful.

3 Likes

A little sativa silicone II, a lick of hypnotoad, and it all makes operatic sense and sound. So I hear.

4 Likes

i win the superficial award! “distant future”?? photographic film? VCR cassette? CRT (thick) TVs? death by dagger or arrow? bosh-flimshaw!

otherwise twas super artsy supreme. (multiple deaths regarded with bland awareness etc)

1 Like

I’m getting slight deja-vu. The video is three years old, but I don’t see a pre-Boing. Possibly someone posted it, or maybe a work-in-progress preview at some point?

1 Like

Bizarro. I may have to watch it again. Twas brilliant.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Was the rabbit intentionally leaving an unexposed roll of film at 1:08 or did the animator not know that the leader isn’t supposed to stick out when you rewind the film?

2 Likes

Looks like a Henry Darger rip-off.

In the distant future, exposed photographic film will have the leader sticking out.

1 Like

I’d leave the leader out sometimes. Like when switching from BW to colour slide (or vice versa), saving a half-full film for later. Or when the container of that particulate type/brand was a PITA to open in the darkroom.
You’d have to make sure not to mix them up, of course.
Accidental double exposures can result in spectacular pictures, though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.