Rachel Bloom’s “Lady Boss” is an anxiety-ridden feminist empowerment anthem

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/22/rachel-blooms-lady-boss.html

4 Likes

My Lady Boss like that.

2 Likes

Shared this with my wife who is a “Lady Boss” at an industrial facility. She really enjoyed it and thought it struck very true to the challenges she faces in her role.

I’d say knowing that it was close to true helped me understand what that’s like for her.

1 Like

In my experience of working light commercial construction (hotels, retirement homes, school renovations, ect), women are massively under-represented on these work sites.

Entire jobs go by without seeing one woman in the field, or maybe one or two out of hundreds of male workers.

It’s not just that they are not at the top level of management, they are almost non-existent throughout the work force.

However, my experience is confined to a small slice of Central Pennsylvania and Maryland, so it could differ greatly in other regions or in different levels of construction, such as residential or industrial.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.