Rachel Maddow pleads with NBC News to reconsider hiring their new traitor to democracy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/rachel-maddow-pleads-with-nbc-news-to-reconsider-hiring-their-new-traitor-to-democracy.html

17 Likes

Being Rachel Maddow she started with a history lesson, which is generally ok but often a bit …unnecessarily lengthy. However this time (i humbly) deem it to have been really effective, showing how the danger to democracy tends not to be the little shouty would-be dictator but rather the next layer of sycophantic lying liars who contrive to build up the deadly inferno. In this case, the clear example: Ronna McDaniel, formerly “Ronna Romney McDaniel” before she deleted the ‘Romney’ to kiss trump’s butt.

So, at this point, the NBC C-suite, has McDaniel’s show on hold, but she’s still on the payroll. Will the MSNBC crowd keep up the pressure, or will everyone get distracted and McDaniel will get an office? …time may tell -sigh-

15 Likes

“But things worked out so well when we hired Megyn Kelly…”

11 Likes

Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

14 Likes

When McDaniel inevitably starts whinging about getting “cancelled” by the “woke liberal elites” at NBC News, she should be asked if she’s still getting paid by the network. She is getting the cash whether she shows up on-air or not, of course, because this gig is a quid-pro-quo for her giving NBC exclusive access to the Republican debates. But the question won’t be asked, because she’ll be complaining to enablers of fascism like herself.

15 Likes

Shall we back Rachel Maddow up on this?

11 Likes

Ah, yes, such notable liberal elites as … checks notes… conservative former Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough and George W. Bush’s White House Communications Director and John McCain’s campaign advisor Nicolle Wallace.

13 Likes

Annnnd she’s out!

16 Likes

Ronna McDaniel exploring “legal options” if NBC drops her: sources

Translation: how much will you pay me to make me go away?

11 Likes

Piss Off Patsy GIF - Piss Off Patsy GIFs|683x379.065

8 Likes

The backlash at NBC has already created other problems for Ms. McDaniel. She is no longer represented by Creative Artists Agency, the Hollywood talent powerhouse that negotiated her deal with NBC, according to a person with knowledge of the change. Ms. McDaniel was negotiating on Tuesday with lawyers to engage with NBC on her behalf.

11 Likes

But what of the NBC and CCA fascholes who thought she was a good idea?

We should be very worried that there are those happy with the idea of onboarding fascists…

This isn’t over.

7 Likes

The NBC execs likely will end up costing the company money in a settlement with McDaniel, so there might be consequences for them. CAA won’t lose any money or clients, so nothing will happen there despite their poor decision to represent her.

One would hope both companies learned a lesson, but as you say it’s not over. All corporations are planning for a scenario where they have to kow-tow to Il Douche.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.