Ronna Romney McDaniel wants NBC to pay up

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/ronna-romney-mcdaniel-wants-to-be-paid.html

6 Likes

Honestly? Good. I hope she does, even if it’s just a payday for the lawyers. Cesar Conde needs to be made an example of. Hopefully CNN is next; they are absolutely lousy with trump goons and no one says shit. To exist below the journalistic standards of Chuck Freaking Todd is really something.

ETA: To be clear, I don’t think McDaniel is right, justified in her accusations or a remotely decent person, I just hope there is finally some retribution for treating those directly involved in the decay of the Fourth Estate accountable for turning a blind eye to those directly involved in the decay of our democracy. In many ways, they are one and the same.

15 Likes

Only if discovery results in her being indicted for conspiracy to commit insurrection and election fraud.

13 Likes

I agree, and hope that this will be the first of many corporate media outlets that learn that hiring fascists and fascist enablers has real consequences when it comes to shareholder value (which is the the only thing that really matters to them).

12 Likes

Is there any way to punish NBC management and McDaniel?

11 Likes

One feature by which a generic grifter may be distinguished from a republican grifter is that the generic knows when to cut their losses and move on to a fresh grift.

9 Likes

She’s sueing for famation. And I hate that it’s working.

6 Likes

I just hope both teams lose

8 Likes

Yeah. But those same shareholders, if Trumpler gets elected, will - in a heartbeat - insist that the media corporations they have shares in immediately get with the fascist dictatorship programme, precisely to protect that same shareholder value.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.