NBC hired Ronna McDaniel for one simple reason: as "trial run" for dictatorship, says historian (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/nbc-hired-ronna-mcdaniel-for-one-simple-reason-as-trial-run-for-dictatorship-says-historian-video.html

12 Likes

18 Likes

SNL should bail and move to Comedy Central because NBC is not so funny anymore. Downright scary now.

7 Likes

I have no doubt that certain craven executives at all the major American networks have paid close attention to exactly how news outlets in Russia have managed to appease Putin and continue to exist as supposedly independent entities under his regime over the past couple of decades: the self-censorship; the self-serving justifications; the little check-ins with officials; and, yes, putting the autocrat’s cronies and shills on the payroll.

12 Likes

Alexandra Petri of the Washington Post skewers this hiring:

:grinning:

18 Likes

Oh SNL will still be around:

But more importantly how do we stop them? Because NBC/FOX/CNN and ilk sure as hell won’t be any help.

9 Likes

SNL “trial ran” the unfunny orange shythead already though, gave him a whole hour and a half show.

4 Likes

“I, for one, welcome our new orange overlord”

1 Like

You dumb bastards!
Your company might survive, albeit as an even hollower husk.
But none of you will!

Your titles won’t save you, nor will your money. The power you think you have is an illusion.
Remember this guy?

‘Appeasement’…
Bah!

8 Likes

That actually sounds like the Chomsky stuff I was reading in the 80s. Only more so, with less pretence.

5 Likes

They can’t do that: all the best news sources are on Comedy Central!

(very definitely not /s)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.