Racist, sexist, gross and weird: THANKSGIVING

I’m taken aback that they consider 15% a blowout of any kind. We need to get some economists to set them straight.

10 Likes

It’s 3:50 am, and I’m looking at 50’s thanksgiving ads. When I could be curled up asleep next to my beautiful doggie.

I have issues… And jello molds!

6 Likes

Speaking of jello molds, noone is ever very excited about my lobster jello.

Calm down

It’s just jello, shaped like a lobster. Well, it is supposed to be shaped like a lobster, but it always turns out looking like a gentleman’s… Business.

10 Likes

Yaaaayyy! On BoingBoing, everything you loved is actually awful.

Thanks, Cory, for living up to expectations!

4 Likes

Ask your Mom how to make it come out just like the picture.

4 Likes

I did, but she just gave me a smile and a wink.

4 Likes

I like the slide show that tells me I should make a moral choice on whether to own a Kenmore appliance based on an advertisement run 50 years ago.

2 Likes

“Meanwhile, Thanksgiving advertising through the ages has been a predictably contemptible shitshow of sexist garbage, genocide humor, and awful foodstuffs.”

This statement prompts one to click on a link that leads you to one of those ad-encrusted slideshow sites. Classy.

2 Likes

I’ve seen black Friday sales advertised where I live - in New Zealand! There are also more kids every year doing Halloween here. I’ve even heard of people here celebrating Thanksgiving. To that I say WTF?!

7 Likes

That is kinda weird… (Hides my Robbie Burns paraphernalia from view)

2 Likes

Unless it’s from Disney.

4 Likes

If we’re talking about the 50’s and 60’s ideals, we’re not necessarily talking about long-dead people, we’re talking about the people that make our younger generations drink during the holidays.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.