Radio host Ben Shapiro compares standing in long voting lines to Disneyland

True. We just need a federal voting rights act or SCOTUS decision that states that mail-in voting is a legitimate right for everyone for any reason.

17 Likes

This. Oregon has been doing it for decades. Come join the 20th century, America!

17 Likes

This kind of convoluted reasoning is the meat and potatoes of right-wing talk radio.

The point is to provide justification to people who already agree with him, and to arm them with asinine talking points they can troll friends and relatives with.

8 Likes

Cmon it seems obviously easy. We just put everybody at the front of the line. Problem solved.

2 Likes

That was my favorite American Gladiator course. I wanted to do it soooo bad as a kid.

1 Like

Oh! He said he’s “willing to hear” why somethings racist. I hope he doesn’t injure something while rising to that level of generosity.

8 Likes

breaking: ben shapiro is an asshole

10 Likes

The US constitution doesn’t guarantee the right to ride Space Mountain.

And the fate of democracy doesn’t require that citizens get on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.

We could also remind Mr. Shapiro that long lines for bread in Moscow were cited as evidence that their economic system didn’t work.

28 Likes

The only defense for their positions that conservatives have at this point are lies and false equivalencies.

5 Likes

I don’t know why this man-child even bothers. Plenty of other people of his stripe have been saying the quiet parts out loud. They know that in-person or mail-in voter fraud basically doesn’t exist. They literally just want to keep people from voting.
A certain type of people.
My brother lives in the suburbs, they have never had an issue walking right in and voting in person. Zero or very little wait.
We switched to permanent mail-in ballot specifically because they started at the 2008 election in the city removing tons of polling locations.

11 Likes

Only if we can commit to keeping the USPS from being sabotaged by, oh I don’t know, the Postmaster General or somebody.

10 Likes

None of those people can be regarded as being ‘conservative’. They are various combinations & flavors of outright Fascist, Neo-Nazi, Neo-Confederate Trump-worshiping shit-spewers. I can’t think of anyone in the media to whom the term ‘conservative’ applies and who has a large national audience.
Granted, the typical main-stream Democrat of today would have been regarded as a moderate Republican 40 years ago, but I am talking about conservatives who claim to be Republicans.

I don’t especially care what this evil little bastid has to say about anything. I want to know who is bankrolling this little shit.

7 Likes

Shapiro isn’t just a grade-A asshole, he’s also a complete idiot as well. There was that time he famously suggested that climate change wasn’t a big deal because if your house ended up underwater, you could just sell it.

I was shocked when I found out Shapiro was considered a conservative “intellectual.” Apparently those conservatives have literally no idea what that means.

If a family member tried that out on me, my response would be, “That’s so utterly moronic, how are you not embarrassed to have said it out loud?”

Yeah, there are certain family members I’m not talking to anymore.

Also, if you had to wait 6-8 hours to get on a ride at Disneyland, people wouldn’t go to fucking Disneyland anymore.

17 Likes

But the fate of American democracy does. At least that’s what the last few years suggest.

3 Likes

We have been to Hell and back (my favourite part of the Disneyland ride).

4 Likes

These guys don’t even try to come up with semi-plausible lies any more. Their supporters all watch the same few media sources that repeat the same stuff they do. There is no lie too ridiculous that Fox, Breitbart, et al can’t convince their captive audience is true.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s that their audiences have been convinced their lies are true, so much as they’ve convinced their audiences that it doesn’t matter what is true, and an obvious lie is just as good as the truth if it can be used as an excuse to demonize and hurt people you don’t like or give you an unfair power advantage.

5 Likes

Only poor people have to work on holidays. A national mail-in mandate is what we need.

7 Likes

This is most apposite as BS is not only a bottom feeder but is making a career out of being a conservative high school debater that ‘wins’ by speaking the fastest and the loudest… I suspect that his agenda is to become a shock jock pundit and make some bucks.

2 Likes

15 Likes