Radio host Ben Shapiro compares standing in long voting lines to Disneyland

They, uh, do not exactly set the bar very high.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Ah, thanks for that article.
Seems like the usual scumbags (Mercers, Koch, DeVoss, etc) are bankrolling him.
Not surprised to see the Wilks Brothers in there; they are the big money behind Ted Cruz.

3 Likes

That is actually a point I never paid enough attention to in the Make Election Day A Holiday debate. If making it a holiday has the same effect that it does for a number of other holidays, then poor people who work in the service industries (retail, restaurants, etc) would get less time off that day, making it even harder for them to vote. Add to the rights inevitable “well, now that it’s a holiday we don’t need early voting” restrictions they will enact, voting lines would get even longer, making even harder to vote in urban areas.

3 Likes

I think they think it means talking really fast and bombarding someone with so many talking points they can’t possibly refute them all. Also posting YouTube videos of the “intellectual” arguing with people who are clearly out of their depth and asserting that demonstrates his utter intellectual dominance over all of Christendom. I would enjoy seeing Shapiro “debate” a subject-matter expert instead of some college freshman.

6 Likes

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but every time someone refers to “conservative intellectuals” I’m reminded of it:

14 Likes

I do think it should be a concern taken seriously, but most places already mandate something like 2 hours to vote (when the polls are open). I would want that maintained if it were a holiday. Even if we had universal vote by mail I think having a holiday brings attention and gives people an opportunity to do it last minute (which is common with things like filing taxes).

1 Like

He’s done that (though not really even experts), and was so thoroughly humiliated I’m sure he wouldn’t do so again.

5 Likes

Or the Social Security Administration by 2 “former guy” appointees.

"Never believe that [fascists] are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert."

Quote by Jean-Paul Sartre: “Never believe that anti-Semites are completely ...”

8 Likes

When Sartre speaks of “bad faith”, is he speaking in ordinary language, or is he speaking of a lack of existential authenticity?

7 Likes

Well, we certainly haven’t set it up for them to move…

“Many people that find themselves in a situation of living in a repeatedly flooded house would like nothing more than to never file another flood insurance damage claim ever again. But the only assistance that’s readily available to them after a flood is to rebuild if they have flood insurance. So they’re kind of trapped,” Moore said.

It’s almost like Ben doesn’t know diddly about us policy…huh.

7 Likes

Melania hasn’t even been on that in years.

5 Likes

Exactly. They’re creating a convoluted faux conspiracy theory because they don’t like what the simplest and most direct theory is telling them.

They shave their heads with Occam’s Razor.

5 Likes

Yeah, if you’re looking for Christian (White) Nationalists, those are the guys.

5 Likes

This little piece of shit has, as a result of careful breeding and selection, been brought into the world not to convince people but to enrage them. Mission accomplished.

This little piece of shit has, as a result of careful breeding and selection, been brought into the world not to convince people but to enrage them.

Mara Wilson is his cousin. Breeding and selection have nothing to do with Ben Shapiro’s shittiness.

8 Likes

My Dante-inspired “Divine Comedy” theme-park will totally include a Going-to-Hell-inna-Handbasket" rollercoaster ride.

3 Likes

Purgatory will be the line for Heaven.

3 Likes