Disneyland and Disney World have a real problem with people pooping in line

Originally published at: Disneyland and Disney World have a real problem with people pooping in line | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Sounds like there need to be more bathrooms and a way to save your spot in line if you need to wait.

12 Likes

Pretty much my same thoughts. The line for these attractions can be fairly long, and even if someone could hold it and walk to a restroom it’d be a while before they made it there so if its urgent there’s really not a whole lot someone can do. They really need to add restrooms along these queues

7 Likes

Need statistics on mean (or median) wait times before passing judgement here.

4 Likes

Kind of surprising the Imagineers haven’t come up with that already.

Anyhow, I know what’s rising reading this story, and it isn’t the Resistance.

4 Likes

Themed Porta-Potties! Just slap mouse ears on 'em.

8 Likes

Back in the late 90s early 2000s I worked at Knott’s in janitorial. I never dealt with poo in the park, but we definitely had pee at times. And a few used rubbers in the tree house area that used to be above Camp Snoopy. The radio code for pee was a 949U. A 949S was the far more common puke clean up.

3 Likes

I’m a bit curious about why Disney continues to use lines.

It appears that they encourage you to tag yourself with “Magicband Plus” for best experience; and lower-tech options like entry passes for specific times(for rides that have a defined cycle time; which I think is most of them) would seem to allow them manage the queue without requiring people to actually stand there between the time they register a desire to ride the ride and the time a slot is available.

Is such a system too messy in practice/actually in perpetual ERP deathmarch mode? Would the parks be overwhelmed by guests with available time if people stopped burning lots of time on lines and were able to run itineraries that were basically all rides or movement between rides? Do lines create a perception of desirability that exceeds people’s dislike of waiting in them?

9 Likes

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Oh… also, obligatory…

7 Likes

In this case, they joined the dark side instead of waiting patiently to join the resistance.

4 Likes

Too bad the flying ones aren’t real yet, at least not controlled flight.

5 Likes

I’ve been to Disneyland many times and never witnessed this phenomenon so either it’s not as common as the headline would have us believe or the park is really good at deploying cleanup crews in a hurry.

4 Likes

They should line up the queue along the Pirates of the Carribean attraction and let them dump into the water.

3 Likes

Nah - don’t care - the whole place is a dump.

Perversely, what these queues need is less movement.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Disney has started adding restrooms to ride lines, but they have a few “e ticket” attractions that are just stupidly long. The biggest of which use “virtual queues” so you don’t have to stand in line, but kids are kids, and the reality is, some of them really need to go, and really didn’t tell their parents before they got in line that they needed to. In my experience though when that happens and assuming there’s more than one parent, one parent will take the child back through the line to do their business rather than… well… this.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Sounds like a potential topic for Defunctland

3 Likes

Did you see Defunctland’s lengthy deep-dive on the subject?

Honestly I found it so dense that it was hard to get a grasp on it all. But one thing that is abundantly clear is that they have spent absolutely obscene amounts of money trying to solve the problem.

6 Likes

Disney owns the perfect IP for these restrooms.

HouseAtPoohCorner

16 Likes