Some data on your chances to ride Disneyland's 'Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/02/some-data-on-your-chances-to-r.html

3 Likes

Data on my chances to ride: 0%

14 Likes

Yeah? But what are my changes of enjoying the ride?

Boom!

2 Likes

“Back-to-back downtimes hurt the most — and Rise of the Resistance has had its share of them during the first two weeks of operation. The ride had back-to-back breakdowns that stretched for approximately two hours or more on Jan. 22, 23 and 25.
But those weren’t the worst days by far. Back-to-back breakdowns stretched for approximately 4 hours on Jan. 19. On Jan. 26, Rise of the Resistance went down three times in a row over the course of an 8-hour period, resulting in no backup boarding groups being called,”

Reading this gave me the same feeling I had watching Rise of the Skywalkers.

At least at the DMV you get a drivers license after waiting in lines for hours.

4 Likes

I thought Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland wasn’t opening until March.

I’m going to open an electronics themed amusement park. I’ll have a merry-go-round dressed up like a giant potentiometer. It’ll be called Rise of the Resistance.

18 Likes

How much will you charge?

14 Likes

As someone who hasn’t been to a theme park in decades, I have a question. Are people buying an expensive Disneyland ticket to spend all day in a line they may not get to go on? Or do they take your number or give you a buzzer to let you know when your boarding group is coming up in the queue so you can spend the time until then enjoying the rest of the park? If not, why not?

2 Likes

Depends. What’s your capacity? Wouldn’t want to impede admittance.

13 Likes

I just wanted to amp up the excitement.

10 Likes

In that case it’s a transformative experience.

10 Likes

Is it Disney Land or Disney World, I’m guessing there’s a potential difference I’m not currently aware of.

4 Likes

World is in Florida. Land is in California (though now I’ve lost track of how many Disneylands there are worldwide). I haven’t been to either, but I lived by the latter for a few years. The last theme park I went to was Universal Studios Hollywood about twenty years ago.

1 Like

Closest I’ve ever been to that is this place.

Seeing as that’s Kent, some 250 miles from the nearest Disneyland. I could still get there quicker than queuing for this ride :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Does Disneyland still have the roving groups of middle-aged gangs

Is that a real thing or what ?

Whatever is current.

5 Likes

Is this one of those threads where people come in and do the…
“That show sucks and I don’t even own a TV”
“How can you eat meat, when laboratory produced plant based food is just as good”
“I don’t see how you can support a corporation with such dubious labor policies…/posted from my iPhone”
…thing.

2 Likes

Ohm my god, that seems like it has potential. But did you solve the problems with inductance that Disney has?

7 Likes

Disney doesn’t do that. If you’re in the line you get to ride unless the ride is broken. This is about letting more folks in the line in the first place, and is AFAICT only happening at Disneyland, not DisneyWorld, in part because the latter has a much better technology for fast-passes (essentially always-on boarding groups) and so on.

3 Likes

I’ll go to a theme park if someone invites me. I have nothing against them. I’m just not attracted to them.