Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

goes to urban dictonary

Oh… carry on!

3 Likes

51XLfdmAJcL.SX459_BO1,204,203,200

"we must not allow… a railway gap!"

3 Likes

Pedastools?

Good grief! That is just a horrible abuse of language (urban dictionary or no urban dictionary).
We all know there is no noun a USian will not verbify, but pedestal (noun) to pedastool (verb)?

Nope. it is just plain bad writing. Especially from an author whose thing seems to be long, serious-minded posts.

Why would it have been so difficult to write:
US history puts the names of Robber Barons Andrew Carnegie, Cornelius Vanderbilt, and John D. Rockefeller on a pedestal as the "men that built America,

2 Likes

And its sequel:

And the song about it:

Notably, one of the earliest uses of the Canadian Pacific Railway was to transport troops to Manitoba to put down the North-West Rebellion of Métis and indigenous people.

7 Likes

It’s slang… it doesn’t need to fit into a perfect little grammar box.

I suppose we could never use language in anyway except exactly how the grammar books tell us, but it strikes me that that would be an awfully boring and an authoritarian way of communicating. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wait… but the only entry I see for “pedastools” on UD is a poop joke.

2 Likes

Here is what I saw…

I think the OP was calling the railroad barons of the 19th century shitstains in a nice way…

3 Likes

Are they saying our idols have feet of… uh…clay?

1 Like

Well, they’re not my idols, but sure!

Ohhhhhh like a pun!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.