Raining spiders in Australia

wait, you pick up spiders with the same hands you use to type in this forum?

#@jlw - CAN WE GET A PERMA-BAN HERE?

And if possible, make sure he doesn’t come within 5 IP addresses of any of the rest of us.

6 Likes

Asking for a ban? Hmmm…

2 Likes

Why take chances?

2 Likes

Scientist says it is entirely possible. Oh really ? Apparently it is since they are there and there are authentic photos. Wonder if the scientist even bothered to get up and go there to see. A prime example of scientists’ attitude.

Are you saying this is all a hoax?

You’ve just quoted everyone in my house except for me! Yes, I am the designated spider-carrier-to-the-outside…as I remind everyone, spiders eat mosquitoes, so I for one am grateful to them.

However, raining spiders and pastures covered in spider webs elicit the biggest NOPE imaginable. There are some things up with which I will not put.

3 Likes

That’s not all they eat.

2 Likes

=8-O ­

1 Like

FWIW, this is a Golden silk orb-weaver spider. They live in large colonies of very messy web.
When you hear scientists talking about strength of spider-silk, this is the one they’re referring to.
I’ve had fishing rods snag and bend, rather than snap the silk.

4 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

No I am not. I just find it funny that a scientist states it being entirely possible. Obviously it must be since it has happened.
Thus the statement sounds rather amusing.

m

Scientists are aware that sometimes observations are done wrong, and not everything you see is what you think you see.

That’s about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.