Rampage shooting at Planned Parenthood in Colorado

I’m sure by now this counts as a RickRoll for you, but I gotta post it. Just cuz I played it about 20,000 times in the high school pep band at football games.

9 Likes

since roughly 1988 or so…

8 Likes

For people who quote the bible so much, they sure bear a lot of false witnesses.

5 Likes

There is nowhere in the US where christians are even a minority, except possibly Clearwater FL, where the scientologists have basically bought the town and run the place. A christian claiming religious persecution in the US is like the LAPD complaining that they don’t have enough M16s. They have plenty, and the christians have been running the country for over 200 years now. They’ve got nothing to complain about, as the most massively privileged demographic in the country.

8 Likes

Well then, some Jewish comics have definitely lied to me…

2 Likes

Sorry I got your name wrong, Al.

Since you never watch Fox News, you must have had some other way of knowing that they scream “Murdering Babies!!!” over and over and over again.

(I assume that by “they” you mean the FNC broadcasters themselves, not some yelling protester seen in a clip).

Not because you’re all Bill? (My brain has been inserting an extra ‘l’ in your name forever, it seems)

1 Like

Is Fox News really watched by anyone? I thought I read something somewhere that it was just two sad older guys and some bots.

1 Like

Are you aware that Fox News plays on a significant percentage of public TVs? If you ever have to wait for your car at the service center, or sit in a waiting room for a medical appointment, or even at non-sports bars, you will often find yourself face-to-face with Fox News whether you want it or not.

4 Likes

No, no, the beatings are for me. As a reward.

(I empathize with your feelz.)

1 Like

You mean the news stories in various outlets and the political controversy around it, followed by the debunking of the video?

Sure.

Whatever point you’re trying to make, you’re failing.

4 Likes

We can deal with it. We have the technology.

9 Likes

I was born and raised in, and have moved back to, Clearwater. They do own most of downtown but I am pretty sure christians are still the majority.

2 Likes

Terrorism, by any other name…

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/planned-parenthood/?fb=dd

“Gasoline was poured under our back door & ignited 4 times. Twice while the clinic was occupied, causing patients to be evacuated.”

“Butyric acid (used as a stink bomb) was poured under our doors & into ventilation system so many times I lost count. Clinic evacuated.”

“We received hundreds of phone calls, threatening to torch our clinic & to kill the “murdering whores” who worked there.”

“3 times someone drove by at night & shot out our windows. Picketers stood on the sidewalk & harassed employees as we swept up broken glass.”

“Our clinic offered free & low cost services in a low income neighborhood, but every day the “pro-life” movement tried to frighten us.”

“In 2009, Dr. Tiller was murdered in his own church, again by a “pro-lifer.” The goal was to scare other doctors who perform abortions.”

“The goal was to make us afraid to come to work, to make us quit, to make us close the clinic. That’s terrorism. That’s how terrorism works.”

the Anti-Defamation League says that violence against the health centers spiked in the early '90s, they wrote in 2012:

• “Anti-abortion violence has actually remained a consistent, if secondary, source of domestic terrorism and violence, manifesting itself most often in assaults and vandalism, with occasional arsons, bombings, drive-by shootings, and assassination attempts.”
15 Likes

Always a good read to read the words of Dr. Gary Romalis.

“I had been a medical doctor for 32 years when I was shot at 7:10 a.m., Nov. 8, 1994. For over half my life, I had been providing obstetrical and gynecological care, including abortions. It is still hard for me to understand how someone could think I should be killed for helping women get safe abortions.”

We lost a very good man when we lost Dr. Romalis.

10 Likes

Thought that it was AI Bill – assumed that “he” was a mozilla Artificial Intelligence experiment.

6 Likes

You mean the least common of all senses, common sense?

I get where you’re coming from, but it insists that we all become little islands more than we already are and people don’t often do that collectively.

Unfortunately, violent crime as a means of affecting public policy, i.e. terrorism, is as pragmatic a theoretical tool as they come (ha!). It works for some even when it doesn’t achieve the often un-achievable goal.

Had we better policed our use of language and media/mediums back a few decades, and never allowed terrorism to escape the boundaries of crime, it might be different. But ratings! But votes! But the need for War for ratings and votes! But the root of it all, money! And the genie is out of the bottle, putting it back in is a greater chore than trying to apply these impregnated terms evenly so as to negate the imbalance they create.

In some cases, many in fact, common sense is what people would call what happens today with the weird and wild world of terror terminology and the associated laws.

As in, it’s just common sense for me to help stoke this fire of statistically negligible crime that results in great fear and wild public policy changes at every level, because I own stock in companies that will gain vast wealth with the creation of a “Homeland Security” or something.

Common sense is totally subjective, even if it can be found, you can’t rely on it for anything.

3 Likes

I’d cut funding because the surly index got turned up too high then. Different weighting is necessary.

That said, if it is an open source project, maybe the surly is just right based on what I’ve seen from RMS and Linus Torvalds.

4 Likes

Isn’t this Linus from an alternate dimension?

7 Likes

Yes but the idea of terrorist attacks is getting as much attention and fear out of your little rampage as you can, in the hopes the resulting terror will provoke an overreaction. And sadly it works, a lot of the time.

6 Likes