A Christian crowdfunding site has raised over $300,000 for the Kenosha shooter's legal defense fund

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/03/a-christian-crowdfunding-site.html

7 Likes

“Christian”

28 Likes

Can’t viably claim ‘self defense’ when you show up already armed to kill.

Of course, the world has gone batshit so…

38 Likes

Christ…

8 Likes

That is some horrifying circular logic right there.

33 Likes

Bullshit; fire a weapon and people automatically scatter. If he was afraid for his life he could have fired into the ground. He was not “forced” to kill anyone. He chose to.

Not that I advocate ANYTHING about this fuckery.

36 Likes

defend the indefensible. that is the christian-right way. go get fucked, you maniacs

24 Likes

No Christians are they.

Fascists.

20 Likes

The plea said that he was “attacked” and killed members of “antifa”. In my thinking anyway, false claims in a plea for money is fraud.

17 Likes

This is going to be a shit show of a trial. Rittenhouse’s lawyer is making some…ill advised choices in the kinds of defenses he’s putting out there:

25 Likes

The jury selection process will take a year by itself…

8 Likes

I was about to type, “What the actual fuck!”; but then, I remembered, “'Merica, fuck, yeah!”

18 Likes

Holy shit indeed!

The lawyer’s view of reality is just as warped as his client’s actions and motives.

Thom, excellent writeup, and excellent teardown of the insanity of all of this.

These people pitching in to defend this murderer are a fucking joke, Jesus would excommunicate these morons if he were alive to see this.

These people, and their twisted deadly logic can all go get fucked with a tire iron sideways up the ass.

These are the kind of people that led me to question the church and renounce the religion I was raised in. I cannot overstate how fucked in the head Christian conservatives are. It would take an act of God to come up with the words!

24 Likes

I really REALLY hope the prosecutor is a good one, and that evidence gleaned from the killer’s online activity prior to the shooting shows intent.

22 Likes

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7Y.HTM

I have an authoritative source that indicate that killing isn’t Christian.
Besides, do you know that Mafia bosses display a lot of religious symbols? https://escholarship.org/uc/item/8sz659dn

4 Likes

(in the minds of Christian conservatives:)

Oh, but THIS pope, he’s a goddamn liberal piece of shit!
HE doesn’t represent christ, WE do!

:unamused:

In general I hate the popes, but this dude isn’t entirely atrocious. He’s done some very questionable shit, but I think he’s a better force for good than evil compared to the garbage that came before him.

16 Likes

On the contrary, irrevocably fuck the proceedings to hell is often a very successful strategy, at least for conservatives and the well-heeled.

Besides, there will be a pardon in a few weeks.

Is it strange that I haven’t heard one thing about either of the victims?

Update: An example

11 Likes

No, because they were likely POC.

ETA: Turns out they were not.

12 Likes

I saw this insane tweet, but I didn’t realize it was Rittenhouse’s OWN LAWYER comparing the situation to an historical moment that was definitely not self defense. WOW.

21 Likes

They were both white dudes surprisingly, but the right wing media has been on a tear trying to prove that they were both violent pedophiles who had it coming, of course.

11 Likes