Ranger School officer slams critics of female graduates

I’d agree that an individual woman isn’t more likely to make good decisions than an individual man, but I suspect an organization which includes women in the decision-making process is more likely to make good decisions than one which excludes them. It’s always valuable to have a wide range of backgrounds and personal experiences to draw from in any leadership structure.

8 Likes

Here’s a spot test: http://www.finishing.com/319/38.shtml.

…although if you’re just keeping it as a souvenir without much handling, you probably don’t need to go that far. :wink:

Still use lots of cadmium pigments in my acrylics. I don’t worry overmuch.

1 Like

I wanted a current example. Bosnia and Kosovo are better examples but they were a while ago now. A better comparison would be a fire fighter who keeps falling asleep with a lit cigarette. We didn’t really mean to, but we really should have known better. It still doesn’t fit with milliefink’s Evil Empire narrative which implies more malevolence and better planning.

Yeah right. Blind yourself if you like to the reality that one strategy of the US is to sow disorder in order to justify its military (and, not at all coincidentally, corporate) presence in some regions, but I prefer to see things as they are.

3 Likes

Depending on how you look at it, the truth is either fortunately or unfortunately more banal. There is ‘guidance’ from the top, but any short to medium term strategy and virtually all tactics are made by self serving, fiefdom type *crats. Cohesive, long term strategy? Nah, it is just a few million people who are self serving, and enjoy their entrenched advantages.

I’ve already made myself depressed, and its 7:30 in the morning. When do the bars open? :wink:

Sorry, but bull fucking shit.

The risks were well understood. The Bush administration was reckless, fully willing to destabilise the region and we are all living in the aftermath while they live in their Haliburton mansions.

4 Likes

As long as “We” isn’t limited to Bush et al, that in no way contradicts what I wrote.There are a lot of people out of the inner circle who could have derailed the whole thing (Congress, a sizable majority of public opinion, etc) but didn’t. There is plenty of blame to go around. Say what you want about our system of government, but it is still accountable to the people if the people are sufficiently united and determined and yell loudly enough. Everyone who didn’t oppose the war shares in the blame, myself included, as the word We implies. I was young and stupid and no more influential than the average American but to blame everything on Bush et al would be to shirk my share of the responsibility.

Weren’t the protests the biggest that had EVER occurred? They didn’t stop Bush Co. from lying and browbeating and railroading their way to war. They’re WAY more at fault than others, and the fact that none are in prison or hanged shows that we live not in a democracy, but a plutocracy. You should look that last word up, maybe start thinking about it.

7 Likes

They sure were here. I know, I was there, my youth and stupidity notwithstanding.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.