Rare trio of life size posters from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly offered this weekend

It’s always tickled me that Blondie is supposed to be the good guy. Moral relativism has maybe never been so poignantly displayed than on that poster.

1 Like

Art Stanton was left out? Why?

2 Likes

The inconsistent camera angles is kind of bugging me.

1 Like

The book had a completely different title

Which they changed again for the music video

And the remake!

3 Likes

And how about the TV spinoff?

4 Likes

“The Good, The Bellbottoms, and The Bad”?

5 Likes

?

The Indifferent, The Bad and the Worse?

3 Likes

I hear the remake will be titled:

:innocent: :imp: :japanese_ogre:

7 Likes

Seriously, I bring this up at least twice a year. I’d love someone to remake this movie some day. (Not because it needs it, but because remakes happen all the time, and I happen to enjoy this story.) I’d like to see Viggo Mortenson as Blondie, and maybe Benicio del Toro as Angel Eyes. But who’d make a good Tuco? Cheech Marin would have been great twenty years ago, but he’s seventy now. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Adrien Brody?

2 Likes

Raymond Cruz? He already did a pretty solid job as one Tuco, but might not have the box-office draw.

2 Likes

Really? Hmm. I could see him as Angel Eyes, but as Tuco? (The Ugly?)

1 Like

He’s good. Might be a little too deadpan, but he’s solid in everything I’ve seen him in.

2 Likes

I was just picking a random Polish Jewish character actor. Always thought it was odd that Wallach played Tuco and Calvera.

1 Like

Could see him totally nailing the “If you’re gonna shoot, shoot. Don’t talk.” scene.

2 Likes

Yeah, but goddamn, was he good.

Yep, he’d nail it 100%.

2 Likes

I think I’d be more likely to cast Del Toro as Tuco, to be honest.

Then, say, Vincent Cassel as Angel Eyes?

Get rid of Viggo Mortensen, though. Le yawn. Tom Hardy, perhaps. But he’s everywhere. Bardem? Bale? Mads Mikkelsen?

2 Likes

Since I saw Sicario, it’s easier for me to see Del Toro as a coldblooded killer than as the essential comedy relief that Tuco frequently is.

Good call on Cassel, though. He looks great for the part. Now I’m picturing Angel Eyes as a taciturn French mercenary in the Old West…

Bale wouldn’t work; I think his Bale-ness would get in his own way. Hardy’d be excellent, but yeah, he’s working too much, if anything. Bardem would be… interesting. Actually, he’d be great. I still think Mortenson would be excellent. I think he does well with characters that don’t have a lot to say out loud. I think Mikkelsen’d be too mannered.

2 Likes

Which is better, Once Upon a Time in the West or Good, Bad, Ugly?

Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Do I have to pick?

I will say that I absolutely adore OUATITW, so that’d be my choice.

3 Likes