Ocean's Ocho: an Ocean's Eleven movie with an all-woman lead cast

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/11/oceans-ocho-an-oceans-ele.html

3 Likes

Cory, Cory—we discussed this. It’s baby-men. Geez.

10 Likes

An all-female heist movie? Kick-ass.

24 Likes

How much do you want to bet that many man-children will decry this as sacrilege,

12 Likes

8 Likes

“Ghostbusters will result in a $70 million write-down”

well, that sucks.

5 Likes

Care to make a wager as to the net take of this stunning & brave future movie?

I’ll check out Ghostbusters. I avoided it mainly because I felt that the originals were more original than actually brilliant.

I’m waiting for the All Female Dirty Dozen.

9 Likes

I’m agin it.

But I was against the 2001 male remake as well, so I’m still a good person (who just generally doesn’t like remakes).

AFAIK there were only three new ones. Based on the use of plurals in the statement above, I conclude that the set of good ones intersects the set of bad ones.

5 Likes

How about an all female Magic Mike?

…oh, wait…

19 Likes

They already did that in a DTV/Made for cable thingy. It shows up on Showtime in off peak times and I always only see the middle of it.

6 Likes

Were you like me and against it because the original sucked so very much?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Top billing for Brigitte!

[note sarcasm]

3 Likes

I hadn’t seen the original at the time. (I did later see it, and I concur.)

1 Like

I’m as outraged about them remaking this with a female cast as I am about them only being able to find eight women for me to be outraged about! #NotMyWhateverThisIs!

I prefer SCTV’s Maudlin Eleven, personally.

6 Likes

Yeah, the rat-pack original was pretty thin to begin with, and the remake was pretty boring, so I will give this a big yawn.

Now wake me up when they get around to a remake of My Dinner with Andre with Frances McDormand and Sofia Coppola, that I would watch.

6 Likes

I’d like an “all lady” Fight Club movie.

2 Likes

I’m mixed on this. On the one hand an all female ensemble cast is something we need more of. I certainly don’t feel like O’s 11 was a sacrosanct masterpiece

But is, “Now this time, with wimminz!” Going to become a new way for Hollywood to never have new ideas? Because I’m not entirely sure that’s a good thing for either group.

25 Likes

Is The Expendabelles still happening?

17 Likes