'Raspbaby Yoda' pie breaks the Baby Yoda internet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/raspbaby-yoda-pie-breaks-t.html

The 12 days of crustmas are upon us.

4 Likes

Knives out…

4 Likes

I always wonder, how the heck do you transfer that to the top of a pie once it’s done?

Freeze it, sure, but that top hoop portion seems awfully flimsy to me… sure to snap and fall off in the middle of the process…

ahem a happy mutant beat you to it @xeni :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Perhaps folks are getting a bit over invested in Baby Yoda - #107 by anon61833566

1 Like

Well, that takes the cake…

4 Likes

Raspberry. There’s only one man who would dare give me the raspberry! Lone Star!

7 Likes

One of the practical uses for the ol’ Switl – or might have been if it had ever actually gone into production.

1 Like

I was taught to deal with overly fussy pastry shapes by baking on parchment paper on a flat (no lip or flipped over) baking sheet, slide paper off sheet onto pie, and slowly pull the paper out. A silicon mat would work, but we didn’t have those back in the dark ages. :wink:

6 Likes

Look at the size of that thing!

1 Like

Her pies are insane!

Yup, looks like she’s doing that here:

2 Likes

Ohh!
PNG
Do want that jumbo bench knife cake transfer slider* she used! Thanks for finding a video of her work. :slight_smile:
* that’s what teh googles calls the closest thing I could find.

2 Likes

I just started using a bench scraper for breadmaking and it’s a godsend. one side is round so I am wasting a lot less material to/from the bowl.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.