Raw vegetable platters are making people sick in multiple US States

Over 15% of consumers of raw milk get sick from it; most do survive. I don’t think after recovering they have developed a resistance to the infectious agents, but the smart ones do develop a resistance to drinking raw milk.

Interesting statistic! I personally know dozens of real life consumers of raw milk, not one of whom has ever reported getting sick from it. I have imbibed gallons of it, myself - but then again I’ve been known to drink untreated stream water, too, so perhaps I am not valid neoparalectotype for Americanized humanity. :alien: I’ll accept your numbers as given.

Nonetheless, if you never expose yourself to normal dirt and food microbes, you’ll never have a healthy immune system, and it’s not unlikely you’ll be plagued by allergies. You might find scientific research showing raw milk is responsible for a reduced prevalence of allergic disorders among Stropshire children to be thought provoking.

And I hear there’s places that have hundreds of raw milk customers, but of course I know nothing of those (my raw milk is delivered solely by magical pixies who live on the moon). Those places might not make it into your statistics, since they are prone to being violently suppressed by armed federal authorities.

Milk’s an ideological and economic battleground between sociopathic corporations that want to outlaw fair labeling of products, consumers that want to make informed choices, traditional farmers aware of health and environmental issues, dairies that want to sell milk drained from sick cows using filthy equipment (which is what pasteurization protects us from, after all) and of course the usual contingent of authoritarians convinced they know best.

Let me ask you this - I know we are both fans of performance cars - if 15% of drivers of private vehicles had some kind of car accident, would you be telling everyone they should eliminate all private vehicles and private vehicle makers? Because if you look up the numbers on that you might be surprised…

Fair enough mate.
I don’t necessarily agree we can’t have higher density living and sustainable farming, but I also come from a Farming Nation that literally only exists in its current state because we were a food-producer for England (we invented refrigerated shipping containers!).
Vege farm for every family is a nice idea, but it’s an idea that needs a lot of water and soil and sun and space, all things we have in abundance, just not where we also have people. To be contrary, I really do think we could make it work, with a combination of Real Food grown with the help of Science, but so long as it’s mega corps doing it, profit is always going to sit at the top of the …food chain… so we’re always going to do things in a destructive way. The sooner we overthrow the current regime (everywhere, basically) and do this in a way that puts people first the better.

2 Likes

I couldn’t but help be reminded of this conversation when I spotted this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.