Reactions! ❤ 👍 😆 😮 🤔 🤗 👏 🎊 🤬 😭

EVERY Marge Greene post.

4 Likes

It would be great to have the opportunity to upvote posts without implying that I agree with them or that I certify them as factchecked.

A frequent issue comes when someone posts something useful that sounds factual, but I’m not positive it is true. I don’t want my upvote to be interpreted to mean I verify this is a fact, so I don’t upvote. That is a loss.

When I disagree but appreciate a post, I would usually upvote it. I know many people will never upvote a post they disagree with. Maybe they don’t even know that is an option?

Maybe I will try using the emojis as follows:

Thumbs up (+1): I agree
Clap: This post furthers the discussion, even though I don’t necessarily agree or vouch for facts presented.
Heart: This post is useful, agreed, and factual as far as I know.

I have no idea if this will successfully communicate what I intend. For those who regularly use the clap or thumbs up reactions, what do you intend to communicate with them that’s different from hearting?

1 Like

The new reactions do not count toward badges

I just got a “Good Reply” on a comment that’s had over 30 total reactions for days, but it didn’t trigger the badge until the original-flavor hearts got to 25

4 Likes

my claps are usually full throated agreement, when a mere heart isn’t enough. and my thumbs up are either for: good point; or, you got that perfect and it couldn’t be said better.

i don’t think i could really be consistent though, sometimes it’s just not a heart sort of day.

oh sure, brag much? :wink:

“i see, what’s your worst quality?”

“if i had to choose it’s probably my attention to detail, or maybe that i really like going the extra mile.”

5 Likes

I’m just reporting on a technical problem :roll_eyes:

… also, reaction reports are split into two different pages now, that’s probably not good either

bbs.boingboing.net/u/gatto/notifications/likes-received

bbs.boingboing.net/u/gatto/notifications/reactions-received

for some reason “likes-received” is private but “reactions-received” is publicly viewable

4 Likes

“… or my decisiveness?”

3 Likes

Maybe, maybe not.

7 Likes

totally, sorry. i couldn’t help imagine the other scenario though, if only because it’d be so funny. it was actually very nice sleuthing. carry on!

4 Likes

It’s a plugin. I imagine these sorts of things will remain true until reactions are integrated into core.

4 Likes

is it time

6 Likes

Screenshot 2023-06-19 115448

There are six reactions!

6 Likes

There are four likes!

7 Likes

I… But… What? The Whuffie scores are being diluted? The very Coin Of The Realm is being debased by these, these icons?!?!

/Swoons onto couch

6 Likes

Apologies if this is repetitive. I did a quick scan of this thread and didn’t see it, but may have missed it.
Have the “nice reply” and similar badges stayed on the heart reactions?
I ask because I’ve noticed a few times where a post got 10 “reactions,” but I only got the “nice reply” notice when it got 10 “heart” reactions.
No biggie either way, just a bit confusing.

4 Likes

I remember Orenwolf mentioning somewhere that the reactions haven’t yet been integrated into the Nice Reply, etc. badge system on Discourse.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.