Real-life Spider-Girl's talent allows her to watch TV from the ceiling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/22/real-life-spider-girls-talent-allows-her-to-watch-tv-from-the-ceiling.html

8 Likes

Post contributed by Popkin

6 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how she does it. A combination of skin sticking to what look to be smooth, “stone” walls, low weight but strong muscles relative to size.

Her mother describes her as mischievous; but I’d describe her as a kid and, gosh darn it, I’d be doing the same thing right now if f I were her!

13 Likes

Yeah it’s just a kid being a kid. She lives in an urban area so they likely don’t have access to big trees to climb for fun. And as a kid i used to do this a lot but with door frames and in a somewhat narrow hallway that we had in the house that i grew up in. We’d have fun shimming all the way up just because.

9 Likes

If the walls are very smooth/glossy, with adequate humidity, I could see a kid being able to ‘stick’ to the walls. Their skin wouldn’t have much hair, if any, to interfere with adhesion.

2 Likes

Somehow, that this is behavior associated with horror movies, just makes the kid all the more adorable.

3 Likes

I’d probably be in trouble if I existed in a horror movie. “The little one has started speaking in Latin, backwards! Gasp - how adorable!”

3 Likes
6 Likes

It is a rock climbing technique called chimneying. Get the girl to the local crag. The junior nationals are coming up.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.