Jack says “what about me?”…

4 Likes

So adorable!!!

How about a cat size dog?

4 Likes

dog-sized cats?

6 Likes

1 Like

I was at a dog friendly pub last night with my pooch. She was a little nervous, but she never got outside of foot of me (I’m pretty good with a leash, and she stays where she is told :D).

A group came in with a fake emotional companion dog, off leash, and he attacked my dog. Ran straight for her snarling. Not the “i want to get to know you” bark and whine, but the “I’m gonna mess you up” kind.

Noone was hurt, but they didn’t want to keep their pooch leashed so I had to leave.

2 Likes

How hard is it to keep a dog leashed in public? First, there is stuff like this. Second, not all people like dogs or even have a fear of dogs (sometimes, for good reason). I have no problem with dogs in public places, especially if they are service animals, but FFS, be considerate with your pets…

4 Likes

Yeah, and the reason it was obvious it was a fake service animal is cause… Real ones have to be on leash.

3 Likes

And know not to leave their person to run over and attack someone else’s dog.

3 Likes

That’s probably why we get into tangles with each other now and then, but I loves ya anyways…

1 Like

BAD OWNERS!!! Had to be said. Those people suck. Plus that bar should have a standing order that dogs need to be leashed, to help with unforeseen aggression like that.

2 Likes

Gotdamn that is annoying.

I get into enough issues in the off-leash dog parks with my two (small & fast runners = CHASE THE RABBIT for all the retired greyhounds) I would freak out if my dogs were attacked at a dog-friendly pub!

Its people with badly trained dogs like that why dogs are no longer welcome at Home Depot!

2 Likes

Real ones don’t interact.

1 Like

Yup! And the posers are ruining it for everyone.

http://www.sitstay.com/service-therapy-dog-vests/

The issue is that you can buy one of these vests without proving your dog is trained.

Dont I know it, and I am a super animal person. But some people don’t want to be slobbered on, so only animals that are really, honestly well behaved should be allowed in pubs (that goes for humans too :D)

Knew there was a reason I liked you.

1 Like

In England as a boy men would take their dog with them for a pint and I never saw dogs misbehave.

I lived in a small village though, not an urban center as I do now.

I would imagine people have different relationships with their dogs in the city. Most of the dogs I saw as a boy were collies and retrievers. Here we have pet or toy dogs, which tend to be poorly trained.

2 Likes

In Oxford dogs are allowed in some pubs, the ones that focus on being part of the community usually. It was the same in Carlisle ten years ago, although the lines between urban and rural start getting blurred there.

Most of the pubs round here would have asked the group to leave if they couldn’t control their dog.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.