Realistic cactus cupcakes

[Permalink]

they look very realistic, but eating that cake-to-frosting ratio would make me gag, i think.

Agreed. I think they’re in that food category of “more for looking than eating.”

Needs some peyote:

I’m guessing that’s what they would end up looking like if I tried making them…

I was just thinking a button atop each of these cakes would look just so.

I do not care, they’re frekin CACTI! It’s like horror-snacks! I would eat them twice if I could.

CAC_TIE! The horror-garment:

As I am aging my eyes are not improving. I own cacti. I do not want to confuse the two, so I will pass on the cupcake, just in case I end up watering it once a month instead of eating it.

P.S. And I have too many cacti.

Some of those are what would typically be called succulents rather than cacti, but then neither term is exactly specific. And it sounds a lot cooler to say you’re eating cacti. I’m just surprised none of them are those grafted cacti. I always think those things do look edible, in spite of the spines.

After a button or two they’d look just fine…

At first I was like, “but who would bite into one?” and then when I actually saw the pics, I realized that they left the needles off. I think that you could probably do sugar needles, but they would take forever to apply and could still stick you if you didn’t let them dissolve on your tongue.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.