Look at this awful banana cake

[Permalink]

2 Likes

wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong banana fail

2 Likes

What is with this trend to cluster cupcakes and decorate them as a unit? What ever happened to a CAKE which is sliced and then served on a plate? What is the advantage of these modular paper riddled things?

I went looking for good examples, and what I find is basically groupings of cupcakes with WAY TOO MUCH FROSTING.

Ugh! Iā€™m trying to see the practicality of these things - I mean, yes, they CAN look nice, but you have to peal the paper off the things before you eat them, and being that they are slathered with layers of frosting in order to fill in the gaps, all I can see is a fist full of frosting while you try to unwrap a module.

This is an example of food that is meant to be looked at, not eaten. It just happens to be edible.

1 Like

Oh, itā€™s cupcakes! Iā€™ve never seen such a thing, and I was wondering why it was so unnecessarily lumpy and not-banana-shaped (even beyond the obviously questionable ability of the maker). I had assumed it started life intended to be some other thing and got turned into a banana instead, but I could not, for the life of me, resolve that lumpy shape into anything.

Based on how it ended up, Iā€™d say itā€™s not meant to be looked at, either.

3 Likes
  1. Itā€™s a current trend;

2. Itā€™s much easier to dole out among a group of people: no cutting knife, no forks, no plates.

Two words: Frosting. Everywhere.

1 Like

It is called Slacker Cake.

You say that like it is a bad thing

2 Likes

Apparently that is considered a feature, not a bug.

No, I donā€™t understand it either.

1 Like

To be honest Iā€™d just rather a paper plate or something. You can make those compostable, too. Make the environment smile with less waste and stuff. Iā€™ve never heard of a cupcake wrapper that doesnā€™t involve wax.

1 Like

Sorry, bananas donā€™t have stripes.

Well, ok, maybe yours does.

1 Like

Would someone kindly link me to the source of @doctorowā€™s banana posts? Iā€™ve tried finding the very first ā€œjust look at itā€ post but it seems his obsession with banana-related things goes back further than I thought.

A reddit-style ā€œExplain Like Iā€™m 5ā€ of these posts would be nice, too.

1 Like
  1. Thereā€™s a bana post

2. You look a it.

Even in my pants?

If so ā€¦** āˆ—ziiipāˆ— **

I guess the white thing at the top is supposed to be an eye, but the smaller markings at the top look like smaller, squinting eyes above a screaming black mouth. Am I the only one who can see it?

Next time, make them horizontal.

As they should be.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.