Reality TV stars of Diesel Brothers fined $850,000 for removing smog prevention devices from trucks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/13/reality-tv-stars-of-diesel-bro.html

15 Likes

Um, but what about whoever is paying them and their production team?

18 Likes

If you’re going to commit crimes it’s usually a good idea to avoid doing so on TV.

55 Likes

I never understood assholes who did this for no other reason that just to be giant assholes.

64 Likes

54 Likes

Freakin’ assholes.

That is all.

14 Likes

What about assholes who do it as performative climate denial?

26 Likes

Sic semper contaminators!

11 Likes

Roger That!

4 Likes

I just learned about this the other day. If someone is attempting to kill me by deploying a smoke screen on the interstate, am I protected by my state’s stand-your-ground law?

29 Likes

That’s always baffled me in really basic way. I mean, even if you don’t believe in climate change, you understand smog, right?

Yeah, I wondered why the purchasers were not on the hook for any fines? I can’t imagine a good faith defense when clouds of black smoke are billowing out of the truck you bought…because it emitted clouds of black smoke.

17 Likes

The fact that the Discovery Channel would show “Diesel Brothers” right after a documentary about melting icebergs showed some weird priorities.

59 Likes

Yeah, but truck drivers can still run high beams all the time. Cops aren’t ticketing that despite those sweet $250 fines

2 Likes

IT’s sIGGENIT TO THE LIBS. HAHA HA.

2 Likes

We know they’re brothers because they’re both named Dave.

– Someone who isn’t Donald Trump

Me either, buddy. Me either.

25 Likes

It’s still stupid because even if rolling coal had zero effect on global warming, it is an obvious pollutant. You really want to breathe that shit, bros?

25 Likes

To sum up: fine them, break them, jail them. To hell with these people who make the world worse for everyone.

31 Likes

Why are conservatives such fucking idiots? And so fucking proud of it?

52 Likes

It’s not shit, it’s the pungent odour of freedom.

17 Likes

Breathing in smoke and particulate matter to disprove the purported health risks is a great way to stick it to the libs. Just ask Rush Limbaugh.

31 Likes