Recently declassified documents there was an actual MI-6 agent in the 60s named James Bond

I’ve heard two separate explanations for the shaken martini thing. It’s variously claimed that shaking the drink either traps some of the oils that are present in cheap vodka, making it a good choice for someone used to wartime austerity, or that it deactivates some poisons that can be put into a cocktail, making it a must for a paranoid drinker who can’t always trust the barman.

2 Likes

Shaking it breaks down the ice quicker, diluting the drink more and chilling it quicker. Stirring is more gentle and leaves the drink less watered down :cocktail:

1 Like

Well… that’s an interesting theory. And by interesting I mean “I can see for miles, so earth is flat” interesting. The fact is that all vodka is pretty much completely free of the congeners and hydrocarbons that seem to cause headaches, etc. More so than any other spirit and certainly more so than any beer or wine that’s ever been fermented. Plus, they’re all fully miscible in water/ethanol solutions; I mean, that’s partially how distillation works in the first place. And anyway, you’d still be ingesting them, so I don’t know how it would matter even if true.

I can’t comment on how Novichok would behave in a shaken martini.

I’m not even going to go into the “vodka martini” thing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.