Recipe for Goblin Sandwiches (1946)

Originally published at: Recipe for Goblin Sandwiches (1946) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Don’t forget to test the donuts for quality first. Can’t tell you how many times this recipe has failed people because they missed that critical step.

13 Likes

If you’re eating them, is it okay to go goblin mode?

8 Likes

Does not contain Goblins.

13 Likes

That’s just what Big Doughnut wants you to believe…

7 Likes

I’m trying to think of something positive to say about it, but the recipe just sounds horrible. I guess that’s appropriate for certain versions of goblins, perhaps. Does the recipe assume a different, 1946 era, version of the donut with which I’m not familiar?

Similar to baby food and Girl Scout Cookies, but not apple pie. Got it.

4 Likes

The Lord Of The Rings People Who Eat With Their Mouths Open This Is What You Look Like To Me GIF by Maudit

Humph. It’s doughnought, obviously.

2 Likes

Huh, I thought using doughnuts as sandwich bread was a modern abomination, but apparently not. I’m guessing that a 1943 doughnut was likely to be a lot less sweet than the modern glazed confections that seem to be the basis for current culinary crimes, though.

4 Likes

the goblins can have them. these sound terrible.

2 Likes

What do you do with the goblin once you have trapped one?

Don’t trap goblins, although it’s perfectly ok to lure them inside with promises of food and comforts, just know that you can’t keep one without their consent. If you’re a caretaker type, they can be great fun to look after, just be prepared to make pancakes with strawberry syrup at 02:39 and expect a lot of adventures that look surprisingly like getting lost somewhere. If they’ll let you, hold them close, but let them wander on their own when they want. They’re worth it.

3 Likes

Even if the doughnuts have been tested by NASA? (Look very closely at the big mutant doughnut.)

1 Like

Goblins don’t eat these. Yes, they created the recipe… but to fuck with us.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.