Recommended newsletter: Exploding Topics, "a list of rapidly trending topics, insights and analysis."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/24/recommended-newsletter-explod.html

1 Like

I tend to eat like OMAD without even intending to. My alarm goes off 5 minutes before I start work, so no breakfast, I rarely bother with lunch, and then I’ll eat my daily meal at night. Probably shouldn’t do it right before bed, but what are you gonna do?

3 Likes

Never make lifestyle choices based on something you see on Reddit.

11 Likes

Came here for the awesomeness of that Kirby cover.
Stayed for the OMAD. I find - in my self-imposed isolation - I simply do not need the calories and am perfectly satisfied with one meal in the afternoon. Something substantial like beans and rice or some (fresh-caught) grilled fish and homegrown veggies.
Perhaps a tiny nosh at cocktail hour (5pm martini paired with fresh veggie bites - radishes, cukes, sweet pea pods) and that wraps it up. Has worked for me and I am not gaining weight, even with the slower activity. Fishing and working in the garden do make me hungry, but not like I need to constantly refuel with calorific snacks.
obvs, YMMV. You do you.

4 Likes

This tidbit is a great example of why I read Boing Boing.

4 Likes

I’ve been kinda doing OMAD on and off for, like, a significant portion of my life. If I call it anything I call it “eating like a snake” but mostly I call it “oh shit did I forget to eat for a day and a half again, oh fuck there’s nothing to fix in the house and everywhere I’d wanna order from is closed”.

I can’t really recommend it, the older I get the more I find that I’m super bitchy when I haven’t eaten in about twelve hours or so, and not even in a way that’s fun to be bitchy.

2 Likes
1 Like

Speaking of SEO, a friend was asking me today about nth-hand advice they’d heard about getting ranked higher in searches. And I suddenly realised why I find the idea of SEO so annoying: it’s a whole industry based on the question “how can I trick the world’s largest advertising company into promoting my business?”

3 Likes

Dermaplaning sounds like extreme shaving. I noticed a few years ago that the parts of my face that I shave don’t get wrinkles. Started expanding my shaving to places with wrinkles but no hair. Seems to be helping.

2 Likes

I used to go to a barber in Singapore who always lathered and “shaved” my forehead. The first time I was worried she was going to shave my eyebrows.

2 Likes

Whenever I see a Kirby-style cover I’m unfamiliar with, I assume it’s a faux-Kirby comic cover used for humorous purposes.

2 Likes

My diet that finally shed the 10+ lbs I picked up after the birth of baby #2 I call NBS: Never Be Stuffed. I eat slowly and listen to my belly. As soon as the edge is off, I stop. I eat whenever I’m legit hungry, but have comletely cut out boredom eating. It also helps that I’m WFH now, so I don’t have an office kitchen with constant cakes and candies on it. Also, I develooed a little high intensity jumping jacks, abs and pull up bar routine that fucks me up in about 20 mins every other nightm

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.