Recommended: Tumbleweed Wine

Originally published at: Recommended: Tumbleweed Wine | Boing Boing

Perfect opportunity to call it Tumblewine

1 Like

Please correct the name of the town – it’s Clarkdale. I’m very familiar as my mom lived there several years when she was alive, and have family in the area still. Literally was just there in July.

That said, I had no idea this existed and totally will check it out on my next visit. There’s a surprising number of wineries in that area, most notably a couple outposts of Maynard James Keenan’s (aka lead singer of Tool) ventures.

1 Like

Oh, you mean Merkin Vineyards?

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

There was a movie about his wines in 2010. Don’t remember much about it other than Patton Oswald saying his Cadeuseus wine sounds like “douche”.

2 Likes

IIRC, the tasting room in the nearby area is Caduceus, but yeah Merkin (teehee) is under his auspices too. I haven’t been up the mountain to Jerome (cool art commune town at the top of the mountain above Clarkdale) lately, but I feel like I heard about an outpost of Merkin up there, along with a barber shop that is owned by him.

And I totally forgot about that movie. I need to put that on the watch list since I never saw it.

1 Like

Sounds like cross purposes. Or maybe just a good supply of raw materials.

1 Like

Came looking for weird outsider homebrew recipes, left disappointed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.