Red Cross nurse secretly injected saline instead of COVID-19 vaccine into as many as 8,600 people

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/08/11/red-cross-nurse-secretly-injected-saline-instead-of-covid-19-vaccine-into-as-many-as-8600-people.html

4 Likes

So pretty clear then.

49 Likes

I’m sure German prison is nice enough.

20 Likes

As I understand it, that would be 8,000 counts of criminal negligence, and liability for who knows how many cases of manslaughter.

30 Likes

58 Likes

Was it malice or incompetence? I don’t know. Probably both?

Doesn’t change how I feel about her though:

17 Likes

The most appalling thing about this article is that at no point does it say “former Red Cross nurse,” like it immediately and with prejudice absolutely should.

28 Likes

How does one become a qualified nurse without demonstrating a basic understanding of how the human immune system works? Is there no science behind learning to become a nurse?

19 Likes

Some MD’s manage it, some people have convictions that education and ethics can’t sway.

22 Likes

Oh, it’s not just nurses.

I give you Rand Paul, MD. Actual doctor. And actual genocidal numbskull when it comes to spreading Covid misinformation.

Unfortunately, medical training does not make people completely immune to non-scientific thinking. Rational thinking is a late addition to the human brain and is easily undermined by our intuition.

29 Likes

There’s a reason why I switched my doctor recently, sadly. Shame, otherwise he was fairly competent.

12 Likes

Or one of the various degrees of murder, assuming one of the unwitting recipients died of exposure to COVID. Reminds me of the hypothetical of randomly firing a gun into a crowd. She might not have intended to kill any one person in particular, but in the US at least, the law would not necessarily care about that part.

17 Likes

Somewhat related:

My wife’s good friend from university is (was?) a successful ER doctor, but she started believing in EMF waves being dangerous a number of years ago. So, she moved her family to northern Ontario, shunned cell-phones and wifi. I mean, she still works in a rural, underserved hospital, but I do wonder if her craziness is affecting her patient care. (We’ve lost touch, so I’m not really sure.)

17 Likes

Incompetence would be if she mixed up a saline bottle with the vaccine bottle because she wasn’t looking at what she was injecting. That doesn’t accidentally happen continuously over two months and thousands of injections.

*Asterisk required. Rand Paul famously was accredited by a licensing board that he invented and which was run by himself, his wife and father-in-law.

31 Likes

he got his medical degree in opthalmology degree from duke. the problem with his accreditation is probably… he lied about getting a bachelor’s degree.

how do you get into medical school without a four year degree that’s what i want to know.

the fact he has variously claimed degrees in english and biology only highlights how happy he is to lie whenever it suits his purpose

23 Likes

A very good point. Unfortunately that only applies to whether or not he’s board certified for ophthalmology. He still is an actual MD, though I think there’s more than enough reason for medical boards to rescind his license to practice.

6 Likes

Anyway, back to the nurse…

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

13 Likes

Urgh. I never want to hear any of the covidiots say ever again that it’s only about personal responsibility and not being forced to be vaccinated!

6 Likes

I’m normally against lethal injection; but in this case I’d be tempted to make an exception.

4 Likes

He was a legacy admission; my guess is that he passed the MCAT and paid cash for his education. The admissions board wouldn’t be looking too hard, especially if Ronny boy made 4 - 6 figure donations after graduation.

7 Likes