After his coronavirus test, Rand Paul continued to work at U.S. Capitol for 6 days

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/after-his-coronavirus-test-ra.html

Now he says he tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19.

10 Likes
11 Likes

He didn’t just keep working. He had close-quarters meetings with other Senators, frequented the cafeteria and even continued to use the Senate gym and pool (why those facilities were even still open is beyond me).

But hey, it’s not like the US Senate (average age: 61.8 years) is a high-risk group for COVID-19 or anything.

55 Likes

I really despise that man.

41 Likes

In other words he just admitted he STILL wouldn’t be taking any precautions to avoid spreading the virus if he hadn’t just received a positive diagnosis. That’s a pretty shitty “defense.”

28 Likes

So whom exactly did Rand make a point of visiting while he was “working” in the Senate? I suspect he was getting unusually chummy with some of the Democratic members of the chamber.

3 Likes

A “doctor” who set up his own certification board rather than use the one everyone else does…yeah, he’s someone I trust to put the interests of others first.

27 Likes

Easy, easy.

He may have done the country a huge service by singlehandedly putting a large number of Republican-held Senate seats in play in what looks to become an enormous wave election.

16 Likes

Nah, he’s an arrogant asshole who doesn’t give a shit about anyone other than himself. He can just go fuck himself.

46 Likes

Well, they aren’t now! (He got it closed by, er, contaminating it, so… good work, Rand?)

18 Likes

To be clear: I wouldn’t piss in his mouth if he were dying of thirst.

Any other time, though, absolutely.

12 Likes

NSFW:

4 Likes

Just in case any confusion still persists, though he calls himself a doctor Rand Paul ain’t mo doctor.

1 Like

On the scary side, it took six days to get test results for a US Senator.

eta: Any bets that as soon as he feels a bit better, he’ll break quarantine before verifying that he’s virus-free?

14 Likes

Looks like expelling a sitting U.S. Senator requires a 2/3rds vote of the Senate.

Only Kentucky has a Democratic governor now; no way the Republican caucus would vote for it that way.

If the seat were guaranteed to remain in Republican hands I bet they’d consider it. (And maybe it’d be a bad look for McTurtle to advance the removal of the junior Senator from his own state.)

1 Like

You guys don’t understand. He’s SUPER FREE… LIBERTY is the antidote.
/s

10 Likes

That there is what we call a real “booger eater”.

9 Likes

2/3rds vote of the members present… :thinking:

18 Likes

He’s an ophthalmologist…

6 Likes

Libertarians gonna lib.

2 Likes